Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 26 2012 1:25 AM

I am currently running a Macbook Air on Snow Leopard, and Logos works great.... fast, no bugs or problems. However, am comsidering upgrade to Lion/Mountain Lion due to the fact that MobileMe will end on June 30, to be replaced by iCloud. In doing this, though, I don't want to create problems or diminish the performance of Logos on my machine, as it is my primary software (iCloud is only of slight interest to me... more for future use than current).

What is the current state of Logos with Lion or Mountain Lion? I seem to recall a while back that there were problems... people who upgraded to Lion started having problems with Logos. Is that still the case, or has everything been worked out?

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2012 2:08 AM

Hi,

I've been using Logos in both stable and beta form on Lion since the update came out and can't say I've had any really significant problems due to the upgrade of the OS than was present in the app beforehand. 

If any issues exist with Logos and Mountain Lion I expect the devs to be working on those before the release of mountain lion.

If it helps I'm running Logos on a late 2008 aluminium MacBook with 4Gb Ram, Logos can be a little slow to start with, but the recent updates are making my experience of using the app more pleasant.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2012 3:10 PM

Paul Gisbourne:
If any issues exist with Logos and Mountain Lion I expect the devs to be working on those before the release of mountain lion.

NOT to doubt the quality of Logos programers, but last i heard Mountain Lion and Logos are not happy together. The first and latest release do not function with Logos… the middle builds did though. Check around on the forums to make sure Mountain Lion and Logos are working  before you do your upgrade.

-Dan

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2012 7:41 PM

Dan Francis:
but last i heard Mountain Lion and Logos are not happy together.

Logos 4.5c Release Candidate 2 includes:

Startup

• Fixed crash at startup when using 10.8 (Mountain Lion); fix applies to 10.8 DP4 + updates. (See this thread.)

Dan Francis:
Check around on the forums to make sure Mountain Lion and Logos are working  before you do your upgrade.

+1 Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 26 2012 9:05 PM

I just updated to the latest Logos, 4.5? I think. I haven't used Logos 4 for quite a while because it it so slow to start up. I am running Lion on a 13" Macbook Pro with 2.7 I7 and 4 g of Ram. Will this update actually help? I love the resources and depth of study but I can't stand that it locks up my computer and I spend so much time waiting rather than studying. 

Posts 30070
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 27 2012 5:57 AM

Heath Choate:
Will this update actually help?

The only way to know is to download it and try. I do not find Logos slow to start up. It would be helpful, if this issue persists, for you to 1) create a new thread, 2) describe the issue and 3) to post logs.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS