Guides - Bug?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28
Todd Anson Wilkins | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:19 AM

Any reason why... When I start to type a topic in the guide say... "nations of Genesis" that the guide over rides what I type and chooses to search in stead on "Leviticus 8:1-33"? This is beginning to happen more often, that the topics I want to search on are over-rided by what the system "thinks" I really mean. I even let the drop down box finish thinking, and usually what I want isn't in there so I click away from the drop box. My text still in the edit box and click the arrow, yet when the results pop up, its what ever was first in the drop list. ...If I didn't select it, I didn't want to search it...

Thanks for any help or assistance...

T

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 7:23 AM

Todd Anson Wilkins:

Any reason why... When I start to type a topic in the guide say... "nations of Genesis" that the guide over rides what I type and chooses to search in stead on "Leviticus 8:1-33"? This is beginning to happen more often, that the topics I want to search on are over-rided by what the system "thinks" I really mean. I even let the drop down box finish thinking, and usually what I want isn't in there so I click away from the drop box. My text still in the edit box and click the arrow, yet when the results pop up, its what ever was first in the drop list. ...If I didn't select it, I didn't want to search it...

Thanks for any help or assistance...

T

It sounds like you are using the Passage guide. Assuming this, the way you are trying to use the guide is not how the guide is supposed to work. What it is doing is finding the closest pericope to what you are typing and using that passage. I would suggest doing a Search for your topic instead. Or you can see what comes up with "Biblical Things". Or you may be thinking you are using the word study guide and instead you are using a passage/exegetical guide.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 8:32 AM

Todd,

The guides are not set up as Topic searches. They are set up for passages or biblical words.

Try your search in basic search, which is set up. If you want the exact topic put "" around it. If you just type nations of genesis you'll get anything with those three words. If you type "nations of genesis" you'll get just those that have that exact phrase.

Chris

Posts 28
Todd Anson Wilkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:56 AM

That makes sense. It was a guide I created, but it was probably based on the PG. I got the same result when I used the normal PG.thanks!

Is there an easy way to just search through "My Content"?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 10:25 AM

Todd Anson Wilkins:

That makes sense. It was a guide I created, but it was probably based on the PG. I got the same result when I used the normal PG.thanks!

Is there an easy way to just search through "My Content"?

I created a collection called NADA with a rule of rating:>6. This is just an empty collection. Then I did a basic search for something in one of my notes files and it showed up under "My Content". That's the best way I can think of if you really don't want to search the library. But you would get the same result in my content either way.

Posts 28
Todd Anson Wilkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 11:08 AM

You are a genius! Sometimes my notes look like a wall of sticky notes. I know I wrote down, but just cant remember where... Thanks!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:00 PM

Todd Anson Wilkins:

You are a genius! Sometimes my notes look like a wall of sticky notes. I know I wrote down, but just cant remember where... Thanks!

your welcome :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS