BUG: Handout "ordering grippy" in second place points down not up

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:14 AM

Notice how the little "jumpy  grip handle thingy" points down?  Hovering over it also says, "Move to the Bottom of the list". 

Problem: it is already at the bottom of the list.  It should point up and say "move to the top of the list".

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 11:31 AM

Hi Thomas,

The 'Move to bottom of list' button moves an item that is above the dotted blue line to the bottom of the list below the dotted blue line. The items below the line will have "Move to top of list' buttons next to them to move them to the top of the list that is above the line. These are quick-move buttons. You can also drag and drop items anywhere above or below the line.

Melissa

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 12:33 PM

Ah, they should probably say:
"Move off the page" and "Move onto the page" instead.  That would at least be accurate, IF they obeyed and were not forced on in order to fill a page which is what happens now.

Posts 24
Stuart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:22 PM

Melissa Snyder:

The 'Move to bottom of list' button moves an item that is above the dotted blue line to the bottom of the list below the dotted blue line. The items below the line will have "Move to top of list' buttons next to them to move them to the top of the list that is above the line. These are quick-move buttons. You can also drag and drop items anywhere above or below the line.

Melissa

Maybe I am not understanding, but when I create a new handout as a test, no matter what I do, everything stays above the blue dotted line, even when there is more than one page involved.  The 'move to the bottom of the list' simply moves it to the bottom of the list, but still above the blue dotted line.  There seems to be nothing I can do to move anything below that line (even dragging and dropping).

Am I simply confused as to how this works (which could very easily be the case)?

Thanks,

Stuart.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:28 PM

Stuart:

Melissa Snyder:

Melissa

Maybe I am not understanding, but when I create a new handout as a test, no matter what I do, everything stays above the blue dotted line, even when there is more than one page involved.  The 'move to the bottom of the list' simply moves it to the bottom of the list, but still above the blue dotted line.  There seems to be nothing I can do to move anything below that line (even dragging and dropping).

Am I simply confused as to how this works (which could very easily be the case)?

Thanks,

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

No, you're not confused. Thank you for prompting a clarification. I was specifically pointing out the buttons in Thomas' screenshot. If all of the items fit in your handout, they will be above the blue line. In that case, clicking the 'Move to the bottom of list' button, would move them to the bottom of the list above the blue dotted line.

Melissa

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:35 PM

Stuart:

but when I create a new handout as a test, no matter what I do, everything stays above the blue dotted line, even when there is more than one page involved.  The 'move to the bottom of the list' simply moves it to the bottom of the list, but still above the blue dotted line.  There seems to be nothing I can do to move anything below that line (even dragging and dropping).

Stuart welcome to the purgatory that is editing handouts.  For a thoroughly entertaining and engaging take on handouts please see the link in my signature. 

Handouts are, regrettably quite broken since they are designed to force fill pages no matter how badly you don't want them full.

There now, I suppressed a rant before really I got going.

Posts 24
Stuart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 2:08 PM

Thanks, Melissa and Thomas,

I will continue to work with this and see what I can and/or cannot do.

It is not terribly important for me, since I like working in Word better (thanks for your link, Thomas), but I want to try to learn as much about using the features of Logos4 as I possibly can.

Stuart.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS