Interesting Words in Exegetical Guide

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 6
Michael F Storz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 5:43 AM

Dear MJ. Smith:

I am sure it has but being new to this I did not find the other threads. My observation is not with the analysis but with the visual impact. Not only am I not able to see all the words but the order to find them is also not user friendly. If you would point me to the thread that explains why the words must be jumbled up I would appreciate it. I think the format in Logos 3 is a much better format.

Posts 1054
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 1:06 PM

For me, the most serious problem is that half of the words are vertical, for me, international readers, it is impossible to read it without turning my head straight up, and it looks so funny if you are having a bible study with the others.

Posts 34372
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 1:06 PM

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/12486/101962.aspx#101962

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 34372
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2010 1:11 PM

Kolen Cheung:

For me, the most serious problem is that half of the words are vertical, for me, international readers, it is impossible to read it without turning my head straight up, and it looks so funny if you are having a bible study with the others.

My main issue with the "complaints" is that users are asking wordles to be something they are not and do not pretend to be. Wordles are not text analytics. 'Reading wordles' is a learned skill just as reading bar graphs and pie charts are learned skills. I have absolutely no problem with people wanting statistics, lists, etc. These are also useful presentations of similar information. Just don't blame a wordle for being a wordle.Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6
Michael F Storz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 9:53 AM

Thank you.

Posts 411
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2010 11:42 AM

MJ. Smith:
Just don't blame a wordle for being a wordle

Thanks MJ for teaching me something new today. Didn't know the word cloud actually had a name, so now I know what a Wordle is.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS