unlock OLD logos book that I purchased

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Joeliepoley | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 12:57 PM

I have purchased the following CD-ROM but it is in Logos 2c and below. 

Koehler, Ludwig ; Baumgartner, Walter ; Richardson, M.E.J ; Stamm, Johann Jakob: The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament. electronic ed. Leiden; New York : E.J. Brill, 1999, c1994-1996 I have updated to Logos 3.0f,  I used the resource locator to copy the above CD-ROM to the resource directory but it is locked. How to unlocked the book that I have purchased

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:14 PM

You will need an older computer with a 32bit operating system such as the regular versions of Windows XP, onto which you can install a fully functioning version of Logos 2.0c and ensure you can unlock the books in that version.  This will not work with a 64 bit operating system. You will need to install your Logos 3 on the same computer and Logos 3 will then import the Logos 2 licenses the next time you start Logos 3. 

You can update the resources to Logos 3 versions (assuming the resources were updated at sometime to Logos 3) by using the Logos 3 resourceupdate script or downloading them manually from the Logos web site.  They would have the same file name with the logos 3 extension instead of the two files used by Logos 2.  You can then synchronize your licences with the Logos server and that would look after you for any future re-installations on newer computers and if you upgrade to Logos 4.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:16 PM

Joel,

You'll need to call tech support /customer service on this one. 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:21 PM

JoelYuen:

I have purchased the following CD-ROM but it is in Logos 2c and below. 

Koehler, Ludwig ; Baumgartner, Walter ; Richardson, M.E.J ; Stamm, Johann Jakob: The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament. electronic ed. Leiden; New York : E.J. Brill, 1999, c1994-1996 I have updated to Logos 3.0f,  I used the resource locator to copy the above CD-ROM to the resource directory but it is locked. How to unlocked the book that I have purchased

You will have to install it from the CD, not just copy the files. This will probably install Logos 2.0c as well. After installation open Logos2 and allow the program to index the files. Then tell Libronix about the new resource directory (I don't remember where it is, but should be under C:\Logos, or something like that).

After you have done that and can view these resources in Logos3, synchronize your licenses.

Then open Logos4 and it should find and download these for you. If it doesn't there are a couple of more steps to follow.

First run this script:

http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd

If the script offers any updates for your resources download them, and restart Libronix for the system cache to recognize the change.

Second type this into the Logos4 command bar: scan C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources (assumes  a default installation and a 32 bit OS; for a 64 bit OS the path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources)

Hope this is clear and that it works for you.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 1:23 PM

David J. Wilson:
You will need an older computer with a 32bit operating system

I had not heard this, David. Where do you get this info from?

Posts 2
Joeliepoley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 5:20 PM

thank you Rich! the ResourceAutoUpdated worked!

Joel

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 5:42 PM

JoelYuen:
thank you Rich! the ResourceAutoUpdated worked!

You're welcome.

Can you view the resource in Libronix too? (not sure if you followed all the steps, or just did the updatate)

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 5:52 PM

Hi Rich :

Got that information a few months ago when a CD resource I ordered from Rejoice arrived with an early version of Logos 2 rather than Libronix DLS3, and Logos 2 declined to install on my Vista 64 system. Is Logos 2 16 bit perhaps ?   Worked fine after some tech support chats. I restored to service a retired Windows XP system to get the new books and licenses to Logos 3 via installing both 2 and 3 on the older system.  Then I just updated the resources on the old system and moved them and the licence to the new system.  Now I have those older books updated and moved over to Vista 64 and both Logos 3 and Logos 4.  But could not get to first base trying the CD directly into my Vista 64 system.  The issue was unlocking them to get them added to the license as Logos 2 would not install and Logos 3 would not take the old format license code number format directly.

Posts 2
Rev Dr Tony Ling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:13 PM

hi Rich - I have Nelson's Electronic Library (Word Biblical Commentary) that runs on Logos 2 that i've installed but my Logos 3.0f doesn't pick up any license for Word Bib Com :( - any ideas. Have tried updating via Logos 3.0f, and have loaded old Logos 2 files into Logos 3 resource file - but doesn't see them as unlocked.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:35 PM

Tony Ling:

hi Rich - I have Nelson's Electronic Library (Word Biblical Commentary) that runs on Logos 2 that i've installed but my Logos 3.0f doesn't pick up any license for Word Bib Com :( - any ideas. Have tried updating via Logos 3.0f, and have loaded old Logos 2 files into Logos 3 resource file - but doesn't see them as unlocked.

I didn't know the WBC was out with Logos2. Could be.

Have you added the Logos2 resource path to Logos3? I don't have LDLS open right now, but I believe it's Toos>General> or Toos>Options>General and then find the resource path. Include the Logos2 resource path (probably c:\Logos\resources or something similar, for a default installation).

This may fix it.

If it doesn't you'll have to contact Logos tech support.

Posts 2
Rev Dr Tony Ling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:11 PM

Thanks Richard - all good. WBC came with Nelson's electronic library with Logos 2 as engine.

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 3:36 PM

I have titles on an XP laptop that I am transferring over to a Windows 7 64 bit laptop - Logos3 installed and many of the books transferred but how do I get the books from my Logos2 like The Tale of the Tardy Ox Cart and Uncommon Prayer?

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 3:48 PM

Did you copy these files over to the new Logos 3 installation? Did you sync the licenses?

I have both of these in my Logos 4 library.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 3:50 PM

Joe Mayden:

I have titles on an XP laptop that I am transferring over to a Windows 7 64 bit laptop - Logos3 installed and many of the books transferred but how do I get the books from my Logos2 like The Tale of the Tardy Ox Cart and Uncommon Prayer?

Assuming you can view those titles in L3, make sure you synchronize your account from L3 with the same user ID you use to log in to L4. That should do it, but some legacy L2 titles may not be in the Logos servers. In that case, if you can view them in L3 in your new laptop, L4 should pick them up with the scan command (scan [resource path]). Getting L3 to recognize them on the new laptop could be tricky, but should work, if you sync your licenses on your new computer after installing L3 on it. You'll have to manually copy the old files (both the LIX and LSF files) to the Libronix Resource directory. Restart L3 and it should find those resources.

If that doesn't work, you may have to install those resources to Logos2, then have L3 find them, so that L4 will find them. But the above method should work.

Posts 36384
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 5:51 PM

Should ... I'm still working with customer service on one book that seems totally unwilling to cooperate.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 7:17 PM

David J. Wilson:
Is Logos 2 16 bit perhaps ?

Even if it wasn't, it was common practice up until as recently as a few years ago for 32-bit programs to use 16-bit installers.  In these cases, you can't install the programs on a 64-bit OS even though the program itself is 32-bit since the 16-bit installer won't run.

Posts 2602
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:05 PM

MJ. Smith:

Should ... I'm still working with customer service on one book that seems totally unwilling to cooperate.

I had one Logos 2.0 resource that L3 recognized, but L4 did not.  After a number of different ideas, the customer service rep locked then unlocked my license on her end and that worked.

Posts 146
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 11:23 AM

I copied the books with the .lsf and .lix files into the Resource file in Windows 7 - I started Logos 3, went to tools and clicked on the "Refresh Resources" box under Tools/General/Resource Paths.

Shut down Logos 3 and restarted - all the books were there. 

Next question - what do I do to get Logos 4 to recognize them?

Thanks for you help!

Joe

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 12:02 PM

Joe Mayden:
I copied the books with the .lsf and .lix files into the Resource file in Windows 7 - I started Logos 3,

Joe Mayden:
all the books were there.

Joe Mayden:
what do I do to get Logos 4 to recognize them?

In L3 go to Tools menu/Library Management/Synchronize Licenses. That should tell the Logos 4 serve to give you a download of this file for L4.

1. Restart L4, if no download type into the command line "update now" (without quotes).

(If that does not work, wait a while. Every 6 hours(?) the mother ship checks in on us.)

2. or you can type in SCAN (and give the path to the L3 resource folder) ie SCAN c:\Program files\Libronix DLS\Resources etc (whatever/wherever your L3 resources are kept.

3. If desperate type in Update Resources (might also need to be re-started) but this can take a long time as it looks at all of your resources.

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS