How do I specify a specific bible in the link within Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Doug Hitzel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:05 PM

I want to point to specific bibles at certain times, how do I get the type to change from say ESV (my normal) to NASB or KJV at certain points within my file?

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:28 PM

Hi Doug,

I think if you watch this short QiuckClip Link to a Logos Resource in a Personal Book by Morris Proctor it should explain the steps you need to take. While its specifically about non-biblical resources the same steps should apply to a specific Bible translation. You will also find the other videos helpful!

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 1928
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:29 PM

The way I would do it would be a simple resource link.  See http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books#Resource_links for more information.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 7:06 PM

As Kenneth pointed out using Resource links is one way to do it.
(see Word example below)

But be aware there are side-effects in the PB when specifying a different Bible other than your Preferred Bible, L4 will show you the specified Bible and your preferred Bible when you hover. But when clicking the link in your PB, Logos4 (L4) will open to your specified Bible. Below my Preferred Bible is the NIV84.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 10
Doug Hitzel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:09 PM

Thank you for your help

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS