Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 16 2012 1:55 AM | Locked

Logos Bible Software 4.5c SR-2 (4.53.0.2280)

I'm trying to accept the idea of using Word for study templates and building PB's for use in Logos. It seems however as if I can't get both the PB and Word to have a professional look. Current effort is based on assumption that background coloring is lost in Logos as is centering of the images. But why does the level 1 heading (and only the level 1 head) disappear in the document but appear in the TOC? Why are lists (and many other things) given extra unwanted spacing? Is it me, Word or Logos that is messing up?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 3:40 AM | Locked

I had trouble with Headings in the beginning, until I realized in Word that there is a difference between the characters of the line being Heading 1 (or 2,3,...) and the whole line being a heading. I found when I clicked in the left margin so the whole line was selected, then click Heading 1, it works perfectly. If you just highlight the text on the line and click heading 1, it does not.

I don't know if this is what you are facing, but I found that very obscure in Word, but once I got over it my Headings always work great. Good luck!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 3:45 AM | Locked

PS - you can see if your Headings are really in your document in Word, without having to compile it first and have Logos tell you, by selecting View > Navigation Pane. Below the search box, there are three un-named pale buttons. The first is the Document Map (if you hover over it, the button says 'Browse the headings in your document'). Click on the Document Map button.

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Thanks - I hadn't known the line/character difference. Unfortunately that isn't my problem. And as I have just moved to Office 2010 I hadn't found the Navigation panel yet.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:40 PM | Locked

Do the Level 1 headings that are not showing in the Personal Book showing up in the Word Navigation Pane?

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

Yes and they show up in the PB TOC - just not in the PB itself

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:09 PM | Locked

the text in the Word doc is white... is it simply "hidden" because the text is white, thus not displaying/visible in Logos?

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 16 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

I think you're right. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS