Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Kamira | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 20 2012 7:22 PM

The Android team is pleased to announce a second beta release of the 2.0 version with improvements to 2.0 beta 1 (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/52203.aspx)  of Bible, Biblia, Vyrso, and FSB Android apps.

As always we appreciate your support helping test out this beta release. If you discover any issues please create a new post and include the following info:
  Description – How were you using the app when the crash occurred.
  App Info – Which app you are using. (Bible, Biblia, Faithlife Study Bible, Vyrso)
  Device Info – (Google Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, Droid Bionic)
  Android Version – (2.2, 2.3, 3.x, 4.0, 4.1)

To install or upgrade the app choose the appropriate link from the download list.

Download

New

• Long-pressing the back button while in reading view opens History in the side panel
  • Sign-in option is shown in the Tools page if you originally pressed “later” on the sign-in screen

Improved

• Various app styles

Fixed

• Crash when upgrading app versions
  • Crash when loading some notes/highlights
  • Crash in autocomplete text boxes
  • Offline search not working
  • Various bug fixes and improvements
Posts 171
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2012 7:48 PM

Loading Notes/HIghlights no longer causes FC or return to home, however notes/highlights do not display.  Updated log and more details are in original post.

Posts 638
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 4:29 AM

Updated to build 47 and still cannot view notes/highlighting on my HP Touchpad running the latest CM9 version.Can see highlighting on my HTC Rezound running current stock ICS build.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:34 AM

The new history feature is appreciated. 

I am still noticing a significant lag (Galaxy SII Skyrocket) flipping to pages which contain highlights/notes.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 29
Neil Hess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:07 AM

So far this program is working very well on my Samsung Infuse.  Thank you for the update! Big Smile

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 10:19 AM

A big step forward...very nice! Smile

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 11:11 AM

The only thing that isn't that intuitive on a 7" device is that you have to hit the little box on the top left side to get back to the menu...

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 638
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:55 PM

After further review, it seems the highlighting is in fact being brought over on my HP Touchpad, however it is only visible when the Bible app is set to the low light view. Maybe those who also cannot see highlighting should try the low light view as well.

Posts 9
Chris Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:06 PM

Only some notes appear.  I thought that a fresh install might help.  But, it turns out that on multiple devices and after several fresh installs, still the same few notes appear... but not all of them.  I thought it might be related to how the notes are attached (i.e. either to a selection or a reference).  But, some of each kind show up... but not all of them.  Also, only some highlighting shows up (all standard yellow highlights).

I am using the Bible Android App on an Atrix (1st gen - 2.3.6 OS) and a Lenovo K1 (3.2.1 OS)

Otherwise, I like the new UI and features.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:11 PM

On the Transformer Prime:  I do not have a menu button on the bottom left, as I have had in the past.  Also, is it possible to view our notes, aside from being in a Bible or some other reference? 

The UI is great, it is so nice to have the history right there.  Is there a Download All button coming?  Great Job on this release.

Posts 120
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 3:54 AM

Oh, +1 to "download all" button again... especially since the app reflects hidden PC resources!

Posts 1705
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 5:45 AM

Everett Headley:
Is there a Download All button coming?

Everett and Michael: 

In the Library view, if you filter down to a certain number of volumes, a "Download All" button appears. I can't determine what that certain number is, but if I filter by "MacArthur" with 52 volumes, I don't get the button. If I filter by "Carson" with 18 volumes, or "Wiersbe" with 5 volumes, the button appears.

The button is "underneath" the search text box at first, so you'll have to pull the list down to see it.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1705
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 5:55 AM

Robert M. Warren:
I can't determine what that certain number is,

It's at least 27 (Barnes).  (sorry for multiple posts, but Edit isn't working for me right now)

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 120
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 6:00 AM

That's great news! I can at least go by commentary series and that's what I would really want rather than everything.

Posts 120
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 6:07 AM

Note:  You need to be looking at your books in list view for the button to appear.  The button does not appear in tile view.

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 8:46 AM

Agreed.. love this feature in iOS Logos... can't wait for the filtering on Android to work with MyTags...

I have added "Download" as a tag to resources on my desktop that I want to download on my tablets.... makes it easier to get them all in one fell swoop.

Jim

Posts 638
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 22 2012 2:12 PM

BUG:Highlighting not showing up on TouchPad running CM9

Ok so I have played around a little more. All highlighting shows up in low light mode, but not normal view.

In normal view I can see notes and from the Highlighting section, I can see the underline tools perfectly and the other non-Highlighter choices, like yellow glow. So something seems to just be off with the highlighter functions and not the whole feature.

Hope this helps find the culprit :)

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:12 AM

Like the new app. Is there a way to force it to sync, so that notes appear right after they are created on the desktop?

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2012 3:41 AM

Also noticed that notes upload faster to faithlie app, than to the Logos app.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 17
TJ89 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2012 6:27 AM

BUG: this beta works much faster than the previous version on my samsumg galaxy note but highlights and notes don't appear either in low light or normal viewing mode. I restarted my galaxy note but this didn't help

do keep up the good work, I am looking forward to the next beta where these things will be fixed.

for the future, I'm particularly looking forward to having the app read out logos books - ie text to speech!

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS