Minor point on reading plan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 35523
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 2:18 AM

I took the plunge and set up a reading plan. One small problem - the first day's worth  of reading has no content - I read the table of contents.  Seems like I should start at the preface not the front cover. Not that I expect Logos to know the first real page but start and end pages might be a good option. I meet with a friend to discuss Bible studies - we meet every other week and set the reading length up at the end of each meeting.  Being able to say from page x to page y in n days would make the reading plan extremely useful - a begin/end option would make it fit my needs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:01 AM

MJ. Smith:
Being able to say from page x to page y in n days would make the reading plan extremely useful - a begin/end option would make it fit my needs.

MJ

You can do most of that already. I built a plan to read The Passion Conspiracy pages 9-216, every day, starting Nov 6 and finishing in 6 weeks. Click on "All Passages" to set the page range. Unfortunately, "days" is not a choice in reading length. Weeks is the shortest period.

Logos, can "days" be added as a finish time option?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 3:05 AM

Posts 35523
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:07 PM

Thank you - I didn't see that. Probably the most common reason for asking on the forum. Embarrassed

There was another quirk. I starting setting it up so close to midnight that when the reading plan showed I was already behind!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

Thank you - I didn't see that. Probably the most common reason for asking on the forum. Embarrassed

There was another quirk. I starting setting it up so close to midnight that when the reading plan showed I was already behind!

MJ

Just discovered that setting the range for a reading plan does not always work. In "The Tabernacle Shadows of the Messiah" the option for setting the portions for reading is not present. I was then presented with a plan to read the title page, skip a day, read the contents, and other strange portions for reading. So, it appears that this feature still needs work for some resources. Perhaps the red face was premature Geeked, seems to depend upon the resource.

Jack

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 12:46 PM

JackCaviness:

MJ. Smith:

MJ

Just discovered that setting the range for a reading plan does not always work. In "The Tabernacle Shadows of the Messiah" the option for setting the portions for reading is not present. I was then presented with a plan to read the title page, skip a day, read the contents, and other strange portions for reading. So, it appears that this feature still needs work for some resources. Perhaps the red face was premature Geeked, seems to depend upon the resource.

Jack

Some older books don't support page numbers and that's why you aren't given that option.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 4:09 PM

George Allakhverdyan:
Some older books don't support page numbers and that's why you aren't given that option.

Guess that makes sense. I also would believe that the benefit gained (more flexible reading plans) probably would not be worth the effort, as there are more important things to fix.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS