Lexham English Bible language grade level?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 25 2012 12:04 PM

Does anyone know if the Lexham English Bible has been evaluated for the approximate grade level of vocabulary and/or reading difficulty?  The trend has been to keep lowering the level of education necessary to read the newest translations and I was just curious.  I have noticed some theological terms that were included, but haven't really used it enough to draw any conclusions.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2012 6:25 PM

I learned that one can get at least an approximation from Microsoft Word.  Paste a section of the Bible or any book into Word.  Click on File and then Options and then Proofing.  Under Proofing, click on Show readability statistics.  Then back on the main page, click on Review and then on Spelling and Grammar.  After going through the spell check process a popup will appear that is called Readability Statistics.  At the bottom it will rate the reading grade level as a school grade level, called the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level.  (These instructions apply to the current version of Word.)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 20
Gregory Pittman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2012 6:49 PM

The Lexile score for Romans 9 is 1170L, which places the text roughly somewhere between 10th and 12th grade reading levels.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS