Is there really no way to open a new window of the same resource?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Aaron Frey | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 8 2009 2:14 AM

I sure hope I'm not missing something obvious, but I am not finding any way in Logos for Mac of opening another copy of a resource that I already have open. Since I can't get an NA27 window that is linked to an English Bible to switch to Hebrew when I take the English Bible to an OT passage, I was thinking that a solution might be to have two copies of that English Bible open and link that to a Hebrew Bible, but I can't find any menu items for opening another window of the same resource and I can't find any documentation that would give me an equivalent to the Windows version's Ctrl+Shft+N shortcut. Is this an easy thing I'm missing or does the Mac version actually not support having two copies of the same resource open?

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:33 AM

AaronFrey:

I sure hope I'm not missing something obvious, but I am not finding any way in Logos for Mac of opening another copy of a resource that I already have open. Since I can't get an NA27 window that is linked to an English Bible to switch to Hebrew when I take the English Bible to an OT passage, I was thinking that a solution might be to have two copies of that English Bible open and link that to a Hebrew Bible, but I can't find any menu items for opening another window of the same resource and I can't find any documentation that would give me an equivalent to the Windows version's Ctrl+Shft+N shortcut. Is this an easy thing I'm missing or does the Mac version actually not support having two copies of the same resource open?

Aaron

Right click on the resource in the Library window and select "Open in a new window". That's Control click if you still have a single button mouse.

Jack

Posts 30
Aaron Frey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 3:36 PM

Ha! Obvious!

I'm so used to my Windows shortcuts that I forgot about the basic, Camp-Logos-style approach!

Thanks, Jack.

Posts 3260
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 1:14 PM

There are four ways to do this. See this blog post: Opening Multiple Copies of the Same Resource.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 1:31 PM

Phil Gons:

There are four ways to do this. See this blog post: Opening Multiple Copies of the Same Resource.

Phil

Those methods only work on the Windows version! Broken Heart This question was asked on the Mac Forum. As far as I can tell, the right click menu is the only method that works in the Mac version.

I waited a long time for the Mac version, purchased the Scholars Gold very soon after the Mac version was released, and now I continue to wait for a really useful Mac version. I know all the arguments of those who find this version valuable, but it does not satisfy me.

Jack

Posts 3260
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 7:45 PM

JackCaviness:
This question was asked on the Mac Forum.

Guess I should read a little more closely before posting! Sorry about that.

Thanks for your patience and support for the current Mac product. I trust that the next major version of the software will meet and exceed your needs.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 3:19 AM

Phil Gons:

JackCaviness:

Thanks for your patience and support for the current Mac product. I trust that the next major version of the software will meet and exceed your needs.

That will be marvelous YesCake

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 8:35 AM

Phil Gons:

JackCaviness:

The problem is, on the main page of the forums, there is no way to know what section of forums the given thread is part of. Only later on you realize you are in the MAC section. It happened few times to me also.

Bohuslav

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2009 10:46 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Phil Gons:

JackCaviness:

The problem is, on the main page of the forums, there is no way to know what section of forums the given thread is part of. Only later on you realize you are in the MAC section. It happened few times to me also.

Bohuslav

That's OK, we occasionally allow visitors from the dark side Devil. Even when you open the page, it is still easy to miss the small print that tells you which forum the thread belongs to.

Jack

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2009 11:54 AM

JackCaviness:
Right click on the resource in the Library window and select "Open in a new window". That's Control click if you still have a single button mouse.

After opening a new window with the right click, I then saved the workspace (with the 2 resources open). Now when I use that workspace, it will not open both instances of the resource, but one will open then it will open the second and the first instance will disappear. To get both open, I have to go to the library and manually open it the second time. Have I missed something or is this the way it must be done?

Michael Hatcher

visit: www.bellviewcoc.com

iMac 2.8 GHz i7 quad core, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB HD

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2009 12:45 PM

Michael Hatcher:
Now when I use that workspace, it will not open both instances of the resource, but one will open then it will open the second and the first instance will disappear.

This appears to be a bug.  I've reported it to our developers.  Thanks for finding this.

Justin K.

Logos Ministry Development

360-685-4441

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS