Previously purchased books missing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:17 AM

I have spent a lot of money buying many books in the past and they are not in the new library on Logos 4.  For instance, I have purchase the complete H.A. Ironsides collection and they are not there.  How do I get all of them into the new library.   Do I have to use 3 systems, the old and the new when I study now?    Also, I have sermon files, which is my written Sunday School lessons and they are not there either.

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 37
Jonathan Andrist | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:29 AM

Sync your Licenses in Logos 3. Then the books should download and be available in logos 4.  Not sure what's up with the sermons, you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that :)

Posts 108
Mark Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:39 AM

I also have Ironside's books and they are also a part of my v4 Library.  I agree.  You need to sync your licenses with the server in v3 and restart v4.  It should pick up the books you are missing.

Search the forums.  There is a scan command to go out and pickup the sermon file that you have created.  I also have my sermons and illustrations available in v4.  When I add a sermon, I have to add it through v3, compile and then rescan the data. 

Hope this helps.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 7:46 AM

Charles,

Thanks for the question, I need to add it to the Resources -FAQ.

CharlesCPace:
I have spent a lot of money buying many books in the past and they are not in the new library on Logos 4. 

For some reason they were not found when you installed L4.  Here's what you need to do.

1.  Find out where those files are on your hard drive.  OR  Find your CD's that it came with.

2.  In the command box in L4 type: scan c:\path\to\files  (where c:\path\to\files  is the actual path to the files.

3.  Wait several minutes for the process to happen,

4. Close and restart Logos 4, your files should be found.

CharlesCPace:
Do I have to use 3 systems, the old and the new when I study now?   
Isn't that two systems?  You only have to use them both if you find a feature in L3 that isn't in L4 yet.  (See Missing Features - FAQ ).  You can use them alongside without any problems.  But you don't have to.

CharlesCPace:
Also, I have sermon files, which is my written Sunday School lessons and they are not there either.

The above scan procedure will find those also provided you give the path to L4.  Also see missing features, Sermon file addin for creating more sermon files is coming back soon.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 8:45 AM

It's working fine now....thanks a bunch.....

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS