Search Results Not Opening at Correct Spot

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2012 8:48 AM

I've noticed that when I attempt a search - in this case a general search (I haven't yet tried a Morph or Bible search), that my search results open up well in advance of the section in which the word searched for appears - in most cases, several 'pages' before the word appears.

By way of example, when I search for the term "governs" in the Works of Philo, I see on the result page that in the book "On Nobility", for instance, "governs" appears on page 662. When I click on this result, a window opens up for this book, but it opens on page 660. Given that it doesn't seem to be that we can change the highlight color, and are left with a color which is hardly visible at all - a sort of anaemic salmon affair - I hope that I am simply missing something here.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2012 10:14 AM

Where are you clicking? Clicking on the reference should take you to the beginning of the section; clicking on the actual highlighted word should take you to the exact spot.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums, by the way. I didn't notice in time you were a first time poster.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 27 2012 10:53 AM

John Gibson:
By way of example, when I search for the term "governs" in the Works of Philo, I see on the result page that in the book "On Nobility", for instance, "governs" appears on page 662. When I click on this result, a window opens up for this book, but it opens on page 660.

Welcome Big Smile

fgh:
Where are you clicking? Clicking on the reference should take you to the beginning of the section; clicking on the actual highlighted word should take you to the exact spot.

By way of illustration, searched for "governs" in one of my collections that includes the Works of Philo, then clicked one result to open resource, copied resource to a new tab, clicked other result, followed by arranging tabs for screen shot, then added arrow annotations:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2012 6:45 AM

Thanks to both of you. The problem has been solved with your helpful and generous advice.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS