Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2381
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 1:20 PM

Bill Moore:

Thanks for the link, David, but the site says the case is not compatible with the new iPad. Apple changed the magnets for the smart on/off or something like that, so the iPad two cases that have that feature have to be updated.

This YouTube video shows that it does work, there IS a VERY slight bowing (1:45 in the video) since the depth is a hair different. Maybe that is why Monoprice claims "no" to the iPad3

http://youtu.be/tpFH6wxGesw

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:16 PM

I don't know, David. The on/off feature works in the video, but one of the commenters said his didn't work, and then the reviewer said the red one didn't work but the black one did. But thanks for the link. I have no idea why many the wake/sleep feature for many of the iPad 2 cases didn't work. Some of them did, but even case makers acknowledged that they had to redo their magnets because Apple had changed the polarity of the sensors. Here is an early Mashable post about it.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 4:27 PM

I have two cases, the iHome with a keybord ,  and the incip[io which is a basic cover. The iHome is too heavy in my opinion, and the incipio only cost $19. I purchased both at Sam's.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:18 PM

Bill Moore:

Mike--what case do you use?

I use a JPB ipad case I bought from Amazon (search Amazon for JPB Christian Ipad case).  It very inexpensive (currently listed at 14.99 but is normally 29.99).  It has a small writing pad and a slot for a pen (or stylus) inside,  The outside has an open pouch and a zippered pocket. The describtion says it PU leather but it isn't leather.  The BookBook looks nice as well but they are a little more expensive

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:49 PM

Thanks, Gary and Mike. It looks like there are as many cases as there are ways to use Logos.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:54 AM

Mike W:

I use a JPB ipad case I bought from Amazon (search Amazon for JPB Christian Ipad case).  It very inexpensive (currently listed at 14.99 but is normally 29.99).  It has a small writing pad and a slot for a pen (or stylus) inside,  The outside has an open pouch and a zippered pocket. The describtion says it PU leather but it isn't leather.  The BookBook looks nice as well but they are a little more expensive

I decided against the BookBook, not primarily because of its price but because I thought I would tire of it after the novelty wore off. It's not as useful as I would like and appears a bit bulkier than what I want.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2012 3:54 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered this one from Amazon: The Ridge by Devicewear.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2012 4:41 PM

Bill Moore:
I ordered this one
If you happen to remember after you have used it a little, let us know what you think of it.  Thanks.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2012 6:43 PM

Jerry M:

Bill Moore:
I ordered this one
If you happen to remember after you have used it a little, let us know what you think of it.  Thanks.

Hi Jerry. I'll try to remember. Unfortunately, I've been honing my forgetter to a precision instrument for some 57 years now. Smile

Posts 1
Alan Flood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:01 PM

I have a Kensington case with built-in Bluetooth keyboard. Easy on the hand when holding while reading. It can be propped up in either portrait or landscape orientations while reading or typing. Slightly bulking when opening the case and folding the keyboard behind the iPad but is still comfortable.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:10 PM

Alan Flood:

I have a Kensington case with built-in Bluetooth keyboard. Easy on the hand when holding while reading. It can be propped up in either portrait or landscape orientations while reading or typing. Slightly bulking when opening the case and folding the keyboard behind the iPad but is still comfortable.

Hi Alan. Welcome to the forum.

Our youngest daughter has a Kensington, landscape only, but with a keyboard that can be removed from the case. She loves it with her iPad. Were I to get a keyboard case, I would probably go with that. I'm rarely away from my Lenovo Thinkpad notebook.

Posts 5621
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 5:51 AM

Bill Moore:

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered this one from Amazon: The Ridge by Devicewear.

I ordered that one too.  Just got it yesterday, and I think it's great. ( I got the blue one.  It's a deep navy blue, darker than the pictures suggest, almost black.  I like it a lot.) 

The hard shell fits perfectly and the the wrap-around faux-leather gives a slight padding to the back and the front.  I also like how flat the cover folds around the back (without bulging) when I'm holding it.  The angle of the stand in vertical mode is much better for viewing at a desk then the angle that the Apple smart cover gives, plus it's more secure.  The typing mode angle is also good and has the benefit of not having the inside of the front cover touch the table when set up.

The only thing The Ridge doesn't have is a portrait stand. Devicewear make another case that has a swivel: the Detour 360, but its typing angle is poorly supported (and bouncy) and it's thicker than the Ridge.  So I opted for The Ridge.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 6:03 AM

Todd, thanks for the confirmation. I looked seriously at the Detour 360 and chose the Ridge for the same reasons as you. Plus, I wasn't real enamored with the 360's swivel opening that revealed the Apple logo and would possibly (probably?) allow dust or grit or whatever to enter and get between the case and the back of the iPad.

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2012 2:13 PM

Jerry M:

Bill Moore:
I ordered this one

The Devicewear Ridge case came in yesterday. It looks like it will do as advertised. It's light and thin and appears to offer an adequate amount of protection. My take on it concide's with Todd's. It's a very good and inexpensive case.

Bill

Posts 6
Diany Suazo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2012 9:42 AM

I bought a case from Targus and roocase and was goign to keep the one I liked better. Neither case worked (though both descriptions said they would).

http://www.zoogue.com/new-ipad-leather-cases/

Posts 99
JJ Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2012 7:54 PM

Cases-I went with, thin and lightweight.  A good choice for my use... I didn't want to carry a keyboard each time, but others love that.  I use a notebook and Logos 4 for study... My iPad for on the go reading and quick bible study.  So, I went with moko iPad 3 case from amazon for less than 20.00.  Functional, attractive, but light and easy to carry. Amazon had it.  

Posts 4
Mike Hersey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:18 AM

I have an iPad2 and have gone through a few covers/cases to find the right one. For my use I have found that the Apple magnetic cover is about as simple as you can get. If a keybord is of interest check out touchfire.com for their silicon iPad keyboard overlay that actually makes the iPad's keyboard useful.

Posts 675
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:07 PM

The post above mine is Spam!

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:20 AM

I've reported the spam poster.

BTW, for full disclosure, I returned the iPad. I just wasn't $600-worth-of-happy with it. The fonts are great, its capabilities are great, its portability is great, but I just wasn't using it much. I was using it for little more than a glorified e-reader.

Posts 2
Tod Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:26 AM

Same here - no case, Logitech Ultrathin keyboard/cover.  I have found this to be the best combination overall.

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS