Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 8 2009 8:52 AM

Is there any way?

I would like to be able to click a Strongs number in the ESV Reverse Interlinear NT and have both the Enhanced Strongs Lexicon AND the Complete Word Study Dictionary (which is also Strongs coded) both bring up their respective entry.

Currently I can only get one or the other to do so. Is there anyway to do this?

The way I do it now is to click the strongs number and then type the strongs number into the Complete Word Study Dictionary to get it there.

I have tried setting both references to A Link.. but it does not do what I'm needing.

Any help from Logos Jedi?

Thank you.

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:17 AM

Chuck Lindsey:

Is there any way?

I would like to be able to click a Strongs number in the ESV Reverse Interlinear NT and have both the Enhanced Strongs Lexicon AND the Complete Word Study Dictionary (which is also Strongs coded) both bring up their respective entry.

Currently I can only get one or the other to do so. Is there anyway to do this?

The way I do it now is to click the strongs number and then type the strongs number into the Complete Word Study Dictionary to get it there.

I have tried setting both references to A Link.. but it does not do what I'm needing.

Any help from Logos Jedi?

Thank you.

I am no expert, but did you try to set up your keylink of Strong's numbers to have your desired 2 resources on the top of the promoted list and than to set Number of Windows to open a Keylink to number 2? See my setup in the picture:

EDITED: I didn't notice you are in the MAC forum. I am referring to the Windows version. I have no idea if that works in the MAC version. Sorry for that.

Bohuslav

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:24 AM

Yeah, unfortunately the "Number of Windows to Open on a KeyLink" option is not in the Mac version as yet. That would have probably done it though.

Posts 2746
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 9:33 AM

Chuck Lindsey:

Yeah, unfortunately the "Number of Windows to Open on a KeyLink" option is not in the Mac version as yet. That would have probably done it though.

If that doesn't exist yet, and also right arrow switching through the resources, than you might try to open 2 windows and link them with let's say A link. It should show the same Strong's number in both windows. If not, well, you need help of some MAC guys. I am sorry. Have a great day.

Bohuslav

Posts 2642
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:39 AM

Hi  Chuck,

Have you considered having both windows open and linked together so when you double click it will show the definition in strongs, but will also link to the CWSD.

John Fidel 

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:46 AM

Yeah I actually do have both of them open at the same time... and that is exactly what I want it to do. That's why it's kind of frustrating because they are both right there and they still won't link. I have set them both to "A"... click the Strongs number link and Strongs updates, but CWSD just sits there.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS