Concise Oxford English Dictionary on Mobile Devices?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Dan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:38 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this question, but I was wondering if the Concise Oxford English Dictionary will be available on mobile devices. It does not appear in the Library on my Android devices.

Thanks,

Dan

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:46 PM

Hi Dan, sorry it is not available on mobile devices.  You can see that on the product page, as there isn't an iPhone symbol. I have no idea if it will ever be available.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 69
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2012 7:05 PM

Thanks Jerry.

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:04 PM

However!

MERRIAM-WEBSTERS DICTIONARY is available

http://www.logos.com/product/2666/merriam-websters-collegiate-dictionary-eleventh-edition

Posts 69
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 1:56 PM

Yes, you are correct, however the word that I was searching "etherialize" was not found in Merriam-Websters Collegiate Dictionary (11th Edition).

Basically, I got on this path while I was reading the editor's introduction in Life Together and Prayerbook of the Bible by Dietrich Bonhoeffer when I decided to search for "etherialize" using the following methods:

1. Long-press on "etherialize". Click "Info" in the popup. Click "BIble Word Study for 'etherialize'". No results. Usually a Merriam-Webster entry would be in the Definition section
  2. Long-press on "etherialize". Click "Search" in the popup. In the panel that appears, select MW Collegiate Dict (11th Ed) from the drop down menu. No results.

However, when I lookup the word in Logos for Windows, the Concise Oxford English Dictionary opens on the entry for "ethereal" which also lists an alternate spelling "etherial" that Merriam-Webster apparently does not recognize.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dan

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:14 PM

It is now!

Just found it on my mobile, Biblia etc.

P AYesBig Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:24 PM

Dan:
however the word that I was searching "etherialize"

Logos 4.6a SR-1 on Windows 7 offers etherialized for search of  etherialize

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 69
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 3:58 PM

P A:

It is now!

Awesome. Now, everything works as expected. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS