RE: the new Eusebius Community Pricing Offering...

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 565
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 8 2012 4:41 AM

... does anyone know if we have those texts in the Early Church Fathers?

And more specifically, could anyone explain how I'd go about searching for that, because my Library only shows the individual volumes... I can't search my Library for Eusebius and hope to find anything...

Anyone? How do we figure out if we have a specific title in a general collection?

Thanks! Big Smile

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 5:11 AM

I believe we only have his writings on church and political history.  Here is a couple of files to make personal books out of to help with that.  

Early Church Fathers PB Table of Contents - Logos Bible Software Forums

Start of an index on Early Church Fathers - Logos Bible Software Forums

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2012 5:53 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
And more specifically, could anyone explain how I'd go about searching for that, because my Library only shows the individual volumes... I can't search my Library for Eusebius and hope to find anything...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 565
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:43 AM

Thanks guys!

@ fgh: but the problem with that solution is that I still have to know that he's in Volume Whatever of the Early Church Fathers... see? So either way, I have to go rooting through everything to find it... Sad

C.

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:54 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
@ fgh: but the problem with that solution is that I still have to know that he's in Volume Whatever of the Early Church Fathers... see? So either way, I have to go rooting through everything to find it... Sad

No you don't. The first image posted shows how you can find which volume he's in. Type author:eusebius into the Library filter box and you find immediately that he's in Volume 1. No rooting needed.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 4:56 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:

No... Did you look at the first screenshot? You don't need to know anything, you just need to type author:eusebius in the Library find box, and then open the volume that shows up. Wink

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:01 AM

Rosie, isn't it 5 AM or something where you are? Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 565
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2012 5:01 AM

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, said Carmen, wallowing in her ignorance but slowly coming up to the light... Big Smile

Thanks... I didn't realize that! Well THAT certainly helps! (insert happy dance here!)

c.

Posts 700
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2012 4:47 PM

A New Eusebius: Documents Illustrating the History of the Church to AD 337, 2nd ed.

by James Stevenson SPCK   |  1987 $29.95

Is this what's being sought? (Sorry I can't get rid of the bold!)

Posts 2734
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2012 5:07 PM

Wow, a great tip from Rosie and a sigh of relief with the Stevenson volume being in my library already. One never knows how blessed we are. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2012 3:08 AM

fgh:
You don't need to know anything, you just need to type author:eusebius in the Library find box

Doesn't she need to know how to type? How to spell Eusebius?

Sorry for the snide remark—sometimes, I just can't help myself Big Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2012 3:55 AM

Jack Caviness:
Hi Jack, while you intended this to be a snide remark, it is (IMHO) one of the poor design features of L4.  

L4 went to more keyboard use instead of mouse/touchscreen use.  The trend from moving away from the keyboard has been going on for years and years and years.  

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2012 11:32 AM

Steve Maling:

A New Eusebius: Documents Illustrating the History of the Church to AD 337, 2nd ed.

by James Stevenson SPCK   |  1987 $29.95

Is this what's being sought?

Sought by whom? The OP was wondering if any of the texts in the new Eusebius of Caesarea Collection (6 vols.) were already included in the ECF. I'm not sure what A New Eusebius has to do with that?

Jack Caviness:

I think she already proved in the OP that she knows how to do both of those things. Wink

tom collinge:
while you intended this to be a snide remark, it is (IMHO) one of the poor design features of L4.

L4 went to more keyboard use instead of mouse/touchscreen use.  The trend from moving away from the keyboard has been going on for years and years and years.

Yes

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS