Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 399
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:

Michael:
 I am currently using Cyanogenmod 10.1 (which is Android 4.2.1) on a Samsung Galaxy 3

Have you found any downsides to running this on your S3?

In terms of our apps...

Logos does not officially support custom ROMs, such as CyanogenMod (or Kang, etc). While it may (hopefully!) work, there may be subtle bugs which we cannot fix due to time/cost constraints.

Currently, there is a known issue with CyanogenMod not showing our solid color highlights unless you are in low-light mode.

Posts 5
Kelli Bunner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:28 PM

I also have a kindle fire.  I'm not very smart when it comes to these electronics.  My question is - if Amazon fixes this issue, will it benefit me, or will it only be fixed on newer devices?  

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:41 PM

Kelli Bunner:

I also have a kindle fire.  I'm not very smart when it comes to these electronics.  My question is - if Amazon fixes this issue, will it benefit me, or will it only be fixed on newer devices?  

Hi Kelli,

If Amazon makes a software update for your device to Android 4.2 or above, it will benefit you.  However, I don't know whether Amazon has plans to offer a 4.2 update for your device.  I wish I knew more about Amazon's plans regarding updates but I don't.

Posts 8
Ariel Ubben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:05 PM

Does anyone know if the Android Hebrew word order in Treasures Old and New (http://www.logos.com/product/25195/treasures-old-and-new) is being addressed? Is that something that Jelly Bean helps? I've seen the problem in Froyo and Gingerbread. It is a great devotional tool but the words (not vowels) are in the wrong order.

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 8:45 AM

Ariel Ubben:

Does anyone know if the Android Hebrew word order in Treasures Old and New (http://www.logos.com/product/25195/treasures-old-and-new) is being addressed? Is that something that Jelly Bean helps? I've seen the problem in Froyo and Gingerbread. It is a great devotional tool but the words (not vowels) are in the wrong order.

Here's a screenshot from a Nexus 7 for Today's reading. The platform changes made in Android 4.2 should have addressed all the vowel point issues.

Posts 8
Ariel Ubben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 8:09 PM

It looks like it works on your Jelly Bean device but why won't it work on my Froyo and Gingerbread phones? I don't want to root my devices and I really shouldn't need to since other Hebrew resources work. Check out these two screenshots:

Thanks for looking into this!

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2013 8:12 AM
It has been a while since the last post on this issue. I am looking into getting a Kindle Fire HD: have updates been released that have resolved the Hebrew vowels alignment issue or is it still the same?
Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2013 3:36 PM

Francis:

It has been a while since the last post on this issue. I am looking into getting a Kindle Fire HD: have updates been released that have resolved the Hebrew vowels alignment issue or is it still the same?

The Hebrew vowel alignment issues were fixed by Android 4.2. I believe the newest Kindle Fire devices are running a modified version of Android 4.2, but I can't say for certain that the alignment issues are fixed on the Kindle Fire (perhaps someone with a Kindle Fire HDX can speak to that). The issue is definitely resolved on devices running "stock" Android, such as the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS