To Monitor or Not

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2848
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 9 2012 3:39 PM

A friend of mine just gave me his Samsung LCD TV. Not much of a TV person, but it looks like it could be used as a Monitor. I've been happily using a Samsung SyncMaster 2243BMX. Can anyone tell me if I should bother hooking the TV up as a monitor or leave it for watching TV: it's a Samsung LN-R328W 32-Inch Widescreen HDTV-Ready Flat-Panel LCD TV. I'd love to have a big monitor for Logos, but only if it is at least as good as my current monitor.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 3:48 PM

Michael Ballai:
I'd love to have a big monitor for Logos, but only if it is at least as good as my current monitor.

Michael, I did this with a free LCD TV (32" also) which I got from my employer for 25 years of service, and use it at a different site on weekends. You might be limited to a lower DPI then with a monitor made for a computer, but I think it works Ok, at least for me it does. Try it! Can't hurt. Big Smile

Posts 2848
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2012 8:42 PM

I must be getting dyslexic. It's a 238, a 23" screen not 32" just a bit bigger than my 22", maybe I'll use it to do two screen use. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS