Biblia Development?

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 9
Matt Hostetter | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:46 AM

I'm really grateful for the mobile Logos applications, but are we still developing Biblia?  The website says it is still in beta.  I haven't noticed it change in at least a year.  I would greatly appreciate some UI improvements and notes integration to the web browser like Andriod/iOS has.

Matt

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 8:55 PM

It has actually been changing a lot. It now has support for the Faithlife Study Bible, and support Community Notes. It doesn't yet support standard notes because we don't have the code to reproduce all our custom highlighting capabilities in HTML yet.

Look for improvements in reading plans, too.

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2012 8:23 AM

Bob Pritchett:

It has actually been changing a lot. It now has support for the Faithlife Study Bible, and support Community Notes. It doesn't yet support standard notes because we don't have the code to reproduce all our custom highlighting capabilities in HTML yet.

Look for improvements in reading plans, too.

Are there plans to bring resource highlighting and notes to integrate with Biblia and Logos 4?

Posts 108
Rob Suggs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:36 PM

I'm very excited about Biblia and the Faithlife communithy concept, and I'm testing out an Internet Bible study with friends and family on it. The potential is very exciting; for now, I'm trying to show the difference between Faithlife and Biblia.com and the group we've started (which is named Suggs for my wife and me). For example, there are about three different places to post notes about the reading. You could post on the Faithlife page, which is the first thing users see. You could click on your group name and post there--most are doing one or the other of these. And third, you can open Today's Reading and post in the right margin. I take it that's the intended spot, because you can look at the Scripture and notes at the same time. We're having a learning curve, but I think once people see what is possible, they'll be very excited--particularly when they can use Bible dictionaries, maps, etc. Wave of the future, baby.

Posts 35
Wesley Surber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 1:06 PM

Are there any updates coming for Biblia?  It would be nice to have at least some kind of basic highlighting ability and Logos note sync.

Blessings,
Wesley 

The science, art, and philosophy of the royal game. - www.campfirechess.com

Posts 1272
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:40 AM

I'd also love to see notes in biblia.

In case some are not aware you can access some extra Logos features at library.logos.com inc passage guide and word study.

John

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:43 PM

Wesley Surber:
It would be nice to have at least some kind of basic highlighting ability and Logos note sync.

We are working to bring highlighting (and notes) to Biblia and other web-based properties; I'm sorry I don't have a date yet, but it is underway.

(And don't forget to check out http://bible.faithlife.com)

Posts 1536
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:02 AM

Bob Pritchett:

This seems to be nicer than Biblia.com. Is this the future of Biblia.com?

Posts 94
David Mullens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2013 9:23 PM

Personally, I would like to have the passage guide in something like biblica.com. Thanks to this forum, I found that the passage guide is in library.logos.com. I have some computers that I use Linux on and I'm trying to use the website instead of needing to boot into windows.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:04 PM

I'd just like to be able to log in to Biblia from Logos.

I can spend mucho dinero on Logos but the cookies aren't good for Biblia.

Now having logged on to Biblia, I can't click on the result of the icon next to the magnifying glass (?) which seems to be Faithlife-ish judging from the color (can't see half of it in Opera and never have seen that before; missing on the left). 

Anyway the Faithlife-ish panel that's half-hidden says no-can-do; something about an expired registration.

So I look at my cookies, and see the 2 Logos ones, the global one, a Faithlife one, and the Biblia one.

The problem is Biblia's great on a tablet but hen-pecking your exact same credentials to each is really tiresome.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 28
Matt Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 4:12 PM

This is a different Matt :) But, I agree with my namebearer. When Biblia was unveiled my hope was that this would be the "platform agnostic", full-featured web version of Logos that I consistently dream of. No software installs, no text updates, just log in and boom. As a very long-time Linux user who is also a vocational pastor who has sampled and purchased lots of different Bible software apps (desktop and mobile), that is my dream software. Web-based, feature rich.

Posts 1
SPENCER | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 6:10 PM

Hey bob have a question for you, Is there a way to intergrate biblia into my website ?  . if so were might i look

Kind regards

PK

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:46 AM

David Mullens:

Personally, I would like to have the passage guide in something like biblica.com. Thanks to this forum, I found that the passage guide is in library.logos.com. I have some computers that I use Linux on and I'm trying to use the website instead of needing to boot into windows.

Peace, David!                 Thanks much for the "info" re. Passage Guide being available on library.logos.com  ............      Actually, I thought that library.logos.com was being totally "phased out," but it looks like it's going to be around for a while yet anyway ...           *smile*

am not really sure when I might use library.logos.com   ..............                I have all 4 logos apps on my iPad2, and I guess since it's a "mobile" thing that I would need to use Safari or Google Chrome (or whatever!) to use passage guide this way   ??????

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:59 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Wesley Surber:
It would be nice to have at least some kind of basic highlighting ability and Logos note sync.

We are working to bring highlighting (and notes) to Biblia and other web-based properties; I'm sorry I don't have a date yet, but it is underway.

Bob, as I consider getting a Chromebook Pixel, this possibility makes me very excited as Logos is the main reason why I'm holding off on getting a chromebook for my mobile laptop needs

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 149
Benjamin Varghese | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 2 2014 8:28 PM

Eagerly awaiting at least basic highlighting capabilities. Looking forward to a progress update from Logos.

Posts 2041
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 3 2014 1:01 AM

Yes, that about highlighting would be all I require from the development of it:

Peter Lever:
Eagerly awaiting at least basic highlighting capabilities.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 12

Posts 1272
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 6 2014 2:35 PM

I've been dreaming of biblia with passage guide, word studies and text comparison. All are available through library.logos.com. If to that they added highlighting, notes and the info panel then I will go back to using linux!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 57
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:53 AM

I would like support for Interlinears (Greek-English New Testaments, Bibles that show Manuscript, Lemma, Parsings, etc.).

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 3:18 AM

I just purchased Logos Bronze (had no idea that people spend so much on Bible programmes as most of what I use is Open Source) and was hoping to view it on the web in the Cloud.  That's not yet possible so I found biblia from the Logos web site, but cannot see the notes I made in Logos on Biblia.  Since the original post was made almost a year ago, I was wondering if there had been any updates?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 22 2014 3:36 AM

Angela Rayner:
cannot see the notes I made in Logos on Biblia.

Community Notes are visible (by clicking on the notes tab), but not personal notes. I don't have any more information than that, sorry.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS