PBB on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Brandon Hirth | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 13 2012 1:57 PM

Some websites (like stilltruth) post a host of public domain books all setup for logos I believe they are in lbxoe format.  They contain instructions for importing these books into logos but only for PC.  I tried placing the file in my resources and restarting logos (multiple times) but nothing was added.  Is there a way to import these books in?  I would hate to have to recreate books that someone has already done.  Thanks!

Posts 11103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:27 PM

Brandon,

welcome to the Logos user forums!

You need to know that Logos revamped the PBB completeley between Libronix/L3 and L4. As I've been told, the L3-PBs were some html-code, whereas in L4 you simply take a Word *.docx (which really is an XML format). The issue in this case is not Windows vs. Mac, but Libronix vs L4 (okay, Libronix only runs on PC, whereas L4 is cross platform). To make matters worse, to read them in Libronix requires a special licence which was included in old base packages (no loger sold) or in the PBB builder (same). So despite having Windows and L3, I'm not able to read these, either.    

On Stilltruth, they may have a thousand L3-format PBs and about 10 for L4. However, here in the Files forum you'll find an active user community sharing PBs for L4 and there is a (maybe not 100% current) wiki page pointing to the books as well 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS