Richard Watson - Theological Institutes now in Community Pricing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 14 2012 11:12 AM

I have long request that Richard Watson's Theological Institutes be included in Logos.  See this post for one example:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32581.aspx.  

It is now available as part of "The Works of the Rev. Richard Watson" in Community Pricing: http://bit.ly/LOGOS_Watson.  You will find the Theological Institutes in Volume 12.

Here is a brief review of this work that I posted:

Though I do not know much of Richard Watson's work - I am familiar with his "Theological Institutes" found in Volume 12. I have long argued that this work should be included in the LOGOS Library, along with Pope's "Compendium of Christian Theology", published some time ago by LOGOS.

The thoroughly Christian, the "Theological Institutes" is a classical Wesleyan-Arminian theology which focus on the philosophical arguments for this position. I would recommend it be read by all believers - whatever color of hat they may wear. Though dated, the books are clearly written and approachable.

The only reason for the four-star review is that I am unfamiliar with the remainder of Watson's work.

Please place your bid for this work.

Yours because His,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 205
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 12:20 PM

Floyd,

I've got my bid in.

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 12:28 PM

Count me it. Thanks for the info, Floyd.

Posts 12580
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2012 12:33 PM

Floyd Johnson:

I have long request that Richard Watson's Theological Institutes be included in Logos. ... It is now available as part of "The Works of the Rev. Richard Watson" in Community Pricing

Thanks a lot, this seems very worthwile. I'm in at the current bid.

Floyd Johnson:
Here is a brief review of this work that I posted

Thanks for the review as well - I wasn't even aware that they made reviews possible on CP! 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1818
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 7:12 AM

Floyd Johnson:
The thoroughly Christian, the "Theological Institutes" is a classical Wesleyan-Arminian theology which focus on the philosophical arguments for this position. I would recommend it be read by all believers - whatever color of hat they may wear. Though dated, the books are clearly written and approachable.

Floyd, Thanks for promoting the collection!  It is shipping TODAY Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 72
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2016 11:32 AM

I'm in

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS