Wrapping text in a content slide

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Daryl Cox | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 19 2012 9:50 AM

I have created slides for a lesson to show points for discussion.  If the content in a custom box is too long to fit on one line the font size is decreased rather than wrapping the text to a new line.  How do I wrap text if I want to keep the same font size for projection purposes?

Posts 5977
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 1:42 AM

Daryl Cox:

I have created slides for a lesson to show points for discussion.  If the content in a custom box is too long to fit on one line the font size is decreased rather than wrapping the text to a new line.  How do I wrap text if I want to keep the same font size for projection purposes?

Hi Daryl

This is not my experience, to test I copied the content of your post into a custom slide. The text wrapped and (after I had deleted the second sentence) the text size was adjustable until the vertical height of the text filled the slide.

While wrapping on the slide was used until this height was reached it did not produce a second slide when the text reached the height limit.

What seems to be a bug is that the results of setting the text size to a larger number are unpredictable and the number (I tried 100) is accepted by the program.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 44
Pastor Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 6:30 AM

I'm having the same issue.  Are you working on a mac or pc?

Also, what are the two buttons right before the insert new slide button?4532.Untitled.tiff

Posts 5977
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 8:34 AM

Hi Pastor Todd

At the risk of hi-jacking our brothers thread...

Pastor Todd:
I'm having the same issue.

Sorry to hear that my explanation doesn't match your experience as that throws a bit of a spanner in the works.

Pastor Todd:
Are you working on a mac or pc?

The personal computer PC that I use is a Mac running OS X (I do not have windows installed on it)

Pastor Todd:
Also, what are the two buttons right before the insert new slide button?4532.Untitled.tiff

The two button bracketed  give the following effects on lists.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 7
Daryl Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 20 2012 5:31 PM

Just for clarity, when I go to customize I can get the text in the main box to wrap but when I add an additional custom box the text in any additional custom boxes will not wrap.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2012 11:51 AM

Yes, we are aware of that. Any text field in Proclaim that allows for text effects (outer glow, gradients, etc...) does not allow text wrapping. 

You'll notice that Content items (no text effect options) do wrap and that Song items (text effect options) do not wrap. 

This is a limitation of the current code and is something we are looking into fixing. I do not have an eta on that for you, however.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 33
Sam DeSocio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:11 AM

Is there a way to turn of text effects and therefore allow for text wrapping?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 25 2013 9:02 AM

Sam DeSocio:
Is there a way to turn of text effects and therefore allow for text wrapping?

Not currently.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS