How do I remove Logos 3.0g and keep Logos 4.0?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:33 AM

It appears I have two logos software programs on my PC. 3.0g and 4.0. The problem is I only want to use the 4.0 and not the 3.0g old software program.So how do I remove the 3.0g along with its icon on my desktop?

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:40 AM

Open Windows Control Panel, find Libronix, & uninstall. You'll also need to do a little cleanup--afterwards, go to your system folder (system32 for 64 bit machines) & delete its Libronix folder. Logos 4 hides its stuff under your username / appdata folder, so NORMALLY you shouldn't see anything with Logos 4 in the name. But if you do, DON'T delete anything with Logos 4 in the folder name.

Finally, go to My Documents & remove the Libronix folder that has all your user data for Libronix in it. (Once again, don't delete anything with Logos 4 in the name).

That should do it. :-)  

(After a long run, I just  uninstalled it in the last 3 weeks)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:42 AM

No need to remove. Besides you just might need 3 again someday.Big Smile

Posts 5911
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:50 AM

Just open 'Applications' and move it to trash.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:59 AM

Evan Boardman:
No need to remove. Besides you just might need 3 again someday.Big Smile

Also true, & I'd been hanging onto it for exactly that reason... but L3 is gradually falling apart, & Logos is no longer maintaining it. My last few uses of L3 were:

1. Backup to L4 beta, since I normally run L4 beta s/w.  This is actually the strongest reason to keep it.
    However, L4 betas have been generally so stable that in practice I'm finding little risk or need for the backup. Since L4 was released (where I was a beta tester), I haven't HAD to rely on L3 even once. Little risk.
  2. Passage Guide. I preferred L3's PG in 2 ways relative to the Sermon Central portion of its report. I used L4 PG for all other work.
    1. 10 items per mouse-click vs. L4's 5 items per mouse click. In addition to being more clicks (harder on my wrists), it was LOTS more time (double the time it took for internet access on my not-so-fast lines)
    2. When there were what Logos felt were too many sermons to report for a given passage (neither L3 nor L4 returns all of them), L3 PG returned MORE items from Sermon Central than did L4.

Recently, Sermon Central made a change to its query format, which L4 tracked. Logos has elected not to go back to update L3, as it's unsupported. The Sermon Central portion of PG no longer returns a result.
  3. Highlighting for Bible study
    The only reason I was using this in L3 was  I was mid-course in a long BIble study on Jeremiah (using projector & screen), at the point that L4 began to offer the capability to have multiple highlighting schemas that users could elect to apply or NOT apply depending on their need. When I finished the Bible study just before summer, I took the summer to migrate the next class to L4.
  4. Access to the library of ~800 PBs  that users had created & shared. 
    I finally realized that  I hadn't used many (if any) of those resources. 

So, I finally realized that I didn't need L3 any more, decided that risk was minimal given the 2-3 Gb its resources were consuming on my h/d. And I uninstalled it.

This is descriptive of my experience. YMMV. Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 10:03 AM

Mike Binks:

Thanks for the like, Mike! If he has resources and/or user data, Uninstall won't delete those, & they can be significant... That's why I gave the extra steps to clean out the rest of what uninstall didn't touch. After however many years Libronix has been around (I was a beta tester for it, too), I finally uninstalled it in the last few weeks. And I had to bat cleanup afterwards.

Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 12:33 PM

Mike Binks:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, no, no, NO!

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:18 PM

George Somsel:

Mike Binks:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, no, no, NO!

The link works & has good info. You're right on the link's displayed text--it looks more like for Mac than PC... 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5911
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 1:30 AM

BillS:
The link works & has good info. You're right on the link's displayed text--it looks more like for Mac than PC... 

Define 'PC'?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 5:05 PM

Mike Binks:
Define 'PC'?

All PCs are by definition Windows, right?Stick out tongueWinkBig Smile

(only kidding, & sorry for any ambiguity... )

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS