How do I install a book from a DVD into Logos 4.0?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Ronald Arndt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:44 AM

I tried to  install a recently purchased book I purchased from Libronix into my Logos 4.0. By this I mean I opened up my Logos 4.0 program to start it and then I put the newly purchased CD into my PC tray, thinking a screen would popup like "library management" ? Well to my disapoinment NOTHING showed, but I was able to install the new purchased CD into my old 3.0g program thankfully. Why am I unable to install new books from a CD into the Logos 4.0 program?

Posts 5977
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:55 AM

Put the CD in and type 'Scan Optical Media' in the command box.

But this is not your best option - the resource may well have been updated between you buying it and now.

Best to type 'Update Now' and let the book download.

or see here

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 10:06 AM

Ronald Arndt:

I tried to  install a recently purchased book I purchased from Libronix into my Logos 4.0. By this I mean I opened up my Logos 4.0 program to start it and then I put the newly purchased CD into my PC tray, thinking a screen would popup like "library management" ? Well to my disapoinment NOTHING showed, but I was able to install the new purchased CD into my old 3.0g program thankfully. Why am I unable to install new books from a CD into the Logos 4.0 program?

I've always had to sync licenses from L3 before uninstalling it again... Once L4 knows you have the new license, it'll download automatically.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
iPad 9th Gen iOS 15.6, 256GB

Posts 387
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 11:43 AM

I had a similar situation, I was able to contact Logos and get it resolved rather quickly.

In Him,

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 27973
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:58 PM

Ronald Arndt:
Why am I unable to install new books from a CD into the Logos 4.0 program?

L4 wasn't designed to install new books from removable media!

You can try to do it but you must first ensure you have a licence for them (Logos Support can do this if you have the Serial number). In the Command Box of L4 type:-

scan DVD   (for a Mac you type scan Optical Media)

then you must restart L4.

Note that most L3 resources can be auto downloaded from the cloud once you have the licence.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS