Logos 4 Crash

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Todd Anson Wilkins | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 20 2009 12:55 PM

Normal 0

Anyone else experiencing L4 crashing today? This is at least the third if not fourth time it has crashed since the upgrade. Not saying I am not the culprit… This last two times it crashed I was working in notes and the time before that clippings. This time I had just pasted a URL link to Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary and clicked in the “Heading Box” to type my heading when it shut down. It took at least five minutes for the windows to connect and send the error report. Does anyone else see or experience similar issues?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 12:58 PM

Not I Todd.  Completely stable here.

Try to Reproduce it Bug Report and log it: Diagnostic Logging

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 27
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:47 AM

Note to users experiencing the “Crashing” problem I have reduced this problem I used to get it 8-9 times a day now I don’t I set logos to run as administrator… by adjusting the properties of the shortcut.

Right click Logos shortcut select properties Under the compatibility tab check the box “run this program as administrator”  Apply and ok the open the program this time it will give you a warning that the program wants admin rights and click ok then the program should run better only tried it on one computer… so let me know if it works for you… 

Second thing you should think about defragging your hard drive should help the data base for Logos is quite large and sometimes your computer does not fit it all neatly into the same area of your hard drive so as you are searching the computer is having to run two and fro to gather data.

Third thing you might look at is what the weakest link is.  Press (Control + Alt + Delete) then click “start task manager”.  On the Performance tab click “resource monitor …” it will ask you for admin permissions click continue.  There will be some bar graphs at the top of the page if you see one that is at max capacity this may lead you to the problem… if it is CPU look at what processes are using all the processing power likewise with memory and hard drive. 

Josh

I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.20 GHz and 2.00 GB Ram and I run Logos fine…
I am a husband, son, and I am an Arabic student. I have a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS