New on PrePub: Lexham Bible Guides

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11836
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:41 AM

It seems, Logos silently introduces a new generation of books: the Lexham Bible Guides (okay, maybe we'll see a blog post later). Ephesians and Genesis can be seen on PrePub.

From the product pages it looks like Logos combines the features of the FSB with the approach of SIL Exegetical Summaries (on a slightly less technical level), i.e. bringing up the different answers/positions to exegetical problems - linked to logos resources.

Needless to say, I preordered both immediately.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:02 AM

"Our servers have evaluated your theological background, reading history and current library.  Need a sermon?  Just select a passage or topic and click go!"

Seriously, this is exciting!  Where is the iPhone symbol under the resource icon?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:18 AM

Very interesting!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:51 AM

$30 for the first 11 chapters of Genesis? This is going to end up costing as much as NIC or Anchor before it's finished. No thanks.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1557
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:10 AM

I've often wished for something like this, that would link me to the appropriate places in things I already own. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:25 AM

Jerry M:
Where is the iPhone symbol under the resource icon?
There it is!  Thanks!

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 10821
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:37 AM

NB.Mick:
Ephesians and Genesis can be seen on PrePub.

Took a look at the sample pages for Ephesians. Think I will spend my $25 elsewhere.

Posts 11836
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 12:12 PM

Ben:

I've often wished for something like this, that would link me to the appropriate places in things I already own. 

I think that's what they are aiming at - see this other thread where someone from Logos weighs in on exactly this issue

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 10821
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:06 PM

Jack Caviness:
Took a look at the sample pages for Ephesians. Think I will spend my $25 elsewhere.

Well …

NB.Mick:
I think that's what they are aiming at - see this other thread where someone from Logos weighs in on exactly this issue

Looked at that thread, and changed my mind. Pre-ordered both, but they are a long way from production at this point, so I have time to repent later Geeked

Thanks Mick

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:29 PM

I ordered the ephesians  one. :) 
I don't know much about Lexham but did take a look at the image and liked it very much, plus this is one of my fav. book. Thanks!  

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS