Commentaries on Genesis

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 961
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:00 AM

What commentaries do your recommend on Genesis? Alternatively books on creation and science. I am looking for something that looks at all the views in an even handed way. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:06 AM

Josh Hunt:

What commentaries do your recommend on Genesis? Alternatively books on creation and science. I am looking for something that looks at all the views in an even handed way. 

I would like to see Gunkel's commentary in Logos.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:11 AM

Josh Hunt:
Alternatively books on creation and science.

creation science evolution - Logos Bible Software

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 12:56 PM

Josh Hunt:
What commentaries do your recommend on Genesis?

I've enjoyed Allen Ross' Creation and Blessing --> http://www.logos.com/product/3850/genesis-collection

I've not used the other book in this set: Morris' The Genesis Record. You can get Ross' commentary alone, but the 2 vol. set is only .05 more.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:18 PM

Gary O'Neal:

I've not used the other book in this set: Morris' The Genesis Record. You can get Ross' commentary alone, but the 2 vol. set is only .05 more.

Are you speaking of Whitcomb & Morris The Genesis Flood?  It's nonsense.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2012 2:19 PM

George Somsel:

Gary O'Neal:

Are you speaking of Whitcomb & Morris The Genesis Flood?  It's nonsense.

Nope. The Genesis Record by Morris. You can see it at the link above. Like I said, don't know anything about it, but Ross' is a very helpful commentary.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS