Messianics/Sabbatarians For Yeshua?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 33
Sidney_W | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 20 2009 7:24 PM

Shalom,

I was wondering if there were any Messianics that were also Logos Software users. I've been studying through FFOZ.ORG's Torah Club and was just interested in sharing notes.

Posts 0
Daryle Froese | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 4:20 AM

Yes, I'm a Torah-positive gentile follower of Yeshua (Jesus).  From reading your little blurb about yourself on your profile, it sounds like our paths have some similarities.  We are in our fifth year of FFOZ's Torah Club - now working through TC3, The Prophets.  I've been a Christian/believer in Jesus all my life.  But what an amazing paradigm change our Father has given us which causes His whole Word to open up & become a unity like never before.  Thank God that He continues to send His light to the gentiles.

I really enjoy using Logos!  It is an amazing help in delving into the Word of life where there is limitless treasure to be uncovered.  It would be great if things like FFOZ's Torah Club materials could be incorporated into it.  Maybe down the road.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:49 AM

Daryle Froese:
But what an amazing paradigm change our Father has given us which causes His whole Word to open up & become a unity like never before.  Thank God that He continues to send His light to the gentiles.

Amen. (From a Gentile believer) Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 74
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 6:43 AM

Greetings and Shalom,

I am a Messianic Believer in Yahshua our Mighty Messiah. Yes, believers were once gentiles, BUT NOW we have put our faith in Him and have renounced all forms of Babylonian paganism. There is no gentile or denominational gate in Revelation, so all must be grafted in to the vine / Israel. These things have been mysteries for years, but now Father is opening our blinded eyes, removing the veil, and we are admonished to buy eye salve so we may see. The one we have called Jesus Christ, a roman nick-name, is truly the Hebrew Messiah Yahshua. Blest be His True Name forever !!

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 9:30 AM

I like the Messianic song "Jew and Gentile one in the Messiah" Smile

Shalom

Bohuslav

Posts 2
Troy King | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 12:33 PM

Yes, same here. FFOZ's material is the first thing I saw as a growing Christian (7 or 8 years after conversion) that helped me to begin to ask what our father expects of us when we follow him. Until that point, I'd mostly only met Christians of the kind that Gandhi described in his autobiography, that would intentionally sin to "prove" to you that they believed their sin was covered. (I now think they were intentional misdirection by the adversary, and not representative of most Christians, but at the time, it was very confusing.)

Matthew 7:21 etc. worried me that it was possible to think you were doing the right thing but could be wrong, and that if he expected certain behavior, he must have explained it somewhere.FFOZ's materials also gave me the powerful responses to being called "Judaizer" that succinctly explains what it means to us: The commandments were given after Israel's salvation, not before, and we follow our father's rules because we've been saved, not in order to be saved. I also wholly admit that I'm still "drinking milk" in Hebrews 5 terminology, and that everything I just said could be a horrible misunderstanding on my part.

But skipping the long stories (too late?), I will say that even the simple titles like Holy Cow! Does God Care about What We Eat? made me think about what he expected rather than what I expected. I can't say I agree with everything FFOZ publishes or broadcasts, but I can say that without them, I'd probably be even more ignorant than I still am, and may not have ever asked "What does our father tell us to do that may be different than what I see around me?"

Where are you in the TC materials? I have the whole of #1 here, but have not gone through it yet. I agree it would be good to share notes.

(Is it cool to link to Amazon in the forums? I can't find a copy of the forum rules and this is my first post, and Logos doesn't seem to license/sell that title. My wiki-loving nature makes me want to link things, but the community rules are more important. I suspect that anyone using Logos is also a heavy reader, so would probably not be offended by an Amazon link.)

[Edit: Replaced a pronoun with its antecedent.]

Posts 33
Sidney_W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:15 PM

Shalom,

I have about 2weeks left in Vol.1 and will start Vol.2. I can't wait, I believe Vol.2 focuses on Messiah in the Torah? Vol-1 took some getting use to because it focused on "unrolling the scroll",i.e., that plain sense of the Torah. However, for the small price, it's priceless. I hope one day all of FFOZ's material will be in Logos format. Atleast the Torah Portions.

Posts 0
Daryle Froese | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 6:43 AM

We have gone through FFOZ's Torah Club for the last 5 Torah reading cycles.  We started with Vol. 1 (the old one) - Unrolling the Scroll.  Next, we did Vol. 2 - Yeshua in the Torah.  Then we skipped to Vol. 4 - The Torah in Yeshua (the Gospels/Acts from a Torah perspective).  Then, Vol. 5 - The Torah in greater detail/depth with emphasis on the specific commandments.  Now, we are working on the new Vol. 3 - The Prophets.  While all have been very helpful, I think I'm enjoying Vol. 3 the most.  As was said, I don't agree with everything.  But the quality of material aimed at the common reader is exceptional.  I hope they eventually publish these in book form (now in binders) & make them available for electronic use!!!

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:48 PM

Very late in joining this thread but if you are interested in discussion, I'm up for it.

Posts 2784
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 4:08 PM

Troy King:

The commandments were given after Israel's salvation, not before, 

Re:  ‘commandments were given after Israel's salvation’   Are your referring to EX 20:1-17?   Where they were given at Sinai?    What about Gen. 26:5?  and the words my commandments’     If not the Decalogue then what was referred to here?

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 5:14 PM

Avishalom:

Shalom,

I have about 2weeks left in Vol.1 and will start Vol.2. I can't wait, I believe Vol.2 focuses on Messiah in the Torah? Vol-1 took some getting use to because it focused on "unrolling the scroll",i.e., that plain sense of the Torah. However, for the small price, it's priceless. I hope one day all of FFOZ's material will be in Logos format. Atleast the Torah Portions.

Just started vol 1. I also hope to see Torah Club material in Logos.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 5:39 PM

David Ames:

Troy King:

The commandments were given after Israel's salvation, not before, 

Re:  ‘commandments were given after Israel's salvation’   Are your referring to EX 20:1-17?   Where they were given at Sinai?    What about Gen. 26:5?  and the words my commandments’     If not the Decalogue then what was referred to here?

n.

There is a rabbinical school of thought that Abraham had the entire Torah revealed to him too.  Others just say that he was faithful to what God had commanded him to do at the time and then taught them to his childre

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 7:10 PM

Tony Kan:

There is a rabbinical school of thought that Abraham had the entire Torah revealed to him too.  Others think this is drawing a long bow and just say that he was faithful to what God had commanded him to do at the time and then taught them to his children.

Its mentioned in the Artscroll Chumash p129N

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS