Underlining in Notes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2012 2:21 AM

I have begun using Notes much more than I used to with the 4.5 improvements and now the ability to view (and edit) them on IOS devices.  Just now, I was editing a note and cannot see an underline button in the edit toolbar.  I have highlighted it (rather untidily) below.  I can highlight text by using ctrl+u, but just wondered if this is unique to me, is a bug, or an omission? I am on the latest Beta (4.60.0.2972) which is, I think, the same as the current production release. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:06 AM

I cannot repeat this behavior. Can you post logs that include this activity

Posts 29471
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:55 AM

GregW:
ust now, I was editing a note and cannot see an underline button in the edit toolbar.  I have highlighted it (rather untidily) below.  I can highlight text by using ctrl+u, but just wondered if this is unique to me, is a bug, or an omission?

I do not see an underline button, but I can underline as well with a keyboard shortcut. Is that what you wanted to know?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:39 AM

alabama24:

GregW:
Just now, I was editing a note and cannot see an underline button in the edit toolbar.  I have highlighted it (rather untidily) below.  I can highlight underline text by using ctrl+u, but just wondered if this is unique to me, is a bug, or an omission?

I do not see an underline button, but I can underline as well with a keyboard shortcut. Is that what you wanted to know?

Sorry - there was a mistake in my original post - I said "highlighr" when I meant "underline".  Yes, Alabama - that's what I meant and it looks like it is the same on your (Mac) version.  Just seems strange that we don' t have an underline button when there are buttons for some more esoteric font options like small caps, superscript and subscript (I hope this doesn't produce a flurry odf posts about how some people just can't live without those buttons!). 

I don't regard it as a bug, but it's probably an omission.  I'm sure it was there on earlier versions. 

Thank you to Alabama and Fred for the responses.

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:09 AM

GregW:
I don't regard it as a bug, but it's probably an omission.  I'm sure it was there on earlier versions. 

I don't remember an underline tool in the notes module (at least not on the PC side). There are a number of rich text editor commands available. Open the Help screen in L4 and type keyboard shortcuts. scroll down to the rich text editor commands

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:12 PM

It needs to be there for sure.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 164
Felix Brito | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 3:02 PM

To underline in notes, I have a PC and I highlight the text and press ctrl+n+u. It works for me.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 4:04 PM

Fredc:
I don't remember an underline tool in the notes module (at least not on the PC side).
Your memory is correct.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2012 4:20 PM

I just checked the screenshots on both the old and the new Notes pages in the Wiki, and strange as it sounds there doesn't seem to ever have been one.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:38 PM

Wonder why this was overlooked, sure there are keystrokes to do it, but, well, not sure where I am going with this.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS