NIV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 4 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 62 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:13 PM

When will the NIV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear be available?

We've been patiently waiting for its release.

Logos, please reply. Thanks

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:06 AM

Dennis Audet:

Also wondering the same thing....

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1391
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 6:58 AM

Hi David & Dennis.

David Taylor Jr:

Dennis Audet:

Thanks for your patience. We have been working on it.

Reverse interlinears of the Old Testament typically take around a year of concerted effort on the part of an editor. Without giving all the details, this one was thrown for a loop when the 2011 NIV came out and has had some other speedbumps along the way; some technical, and some otherwise. We've adjusted all of the alignments based on the previous NIV and are well on our way to completing this one. There is a possibility it will be done by the end of the year (2012), but it might slide into Q1 2013.

I know that's not optimal, but that's where we are right now.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:28 AM

Rick Brannan (Logos):

Hi David & Dennis.

David Taylor Jr:

Dennis Audet:

Thanks for your patience. We have been working on it.

Reverse interlinears of the Old Testament typically take around a year of concerted effort on the part of an editor. Without giving all the details, this one was thrown for a loop when the 2011 NIV came out and has had some other speedbumps along the way; some technical, and some otherwise. We've adjusted all of the alignments based on the previous NIV and are well on our way to completing this one. There is a possibility it will be done by the end of the year (2012), but it might slide into Q1 2013.

I know that's not optimal, but that's where we are right now.

Am I correct in assuming that when this is completed it will be an automatic update to the Scholar's Library and other base packages with reverse interlinears?

How to upload logs

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 7:38 AM

David Taylor Jr:
Am I correct in assuming that when this is completed it will be an automatic update to the Scholar's Library and other base packages with reverse interlinears?

You are correct. When we bought scholars, we bought the completed NIV reverse interlinear. There was (and still is) an asterisk beside that listing stating that it is still under construction and will be released when available (or something like that).

So yes, if you bought a package with the NIV rev.int. you've already paid for it and won't have to pay again when it's released.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:27 AM

That is good news!  I cannot wait for this resource to be completed!

How to upload logs

Posts 2889
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:15 AM

Rick Brannan (Logos):
Without giving all the details, this one was thrown for a loop when the 2011 NIV came out and has had some other speedbumps along the way; some technical, and some otherwise. We've adjusted all of the alignments based on the previous NIV and are well on our way to completing this one.

So does this mean it will be the NIV 2011, and NOT the NIV 1984 that will get the Hebrew reverse interlinear?  Will there not be a 1984 NIV interlinear?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:26 AM

Michael Childs:

Rick Brannan (Logos):
Without giving all the details, this one was thrown for a loop when the 2011 NIV came out and has had some other speedbumps along the way; some technical, and some otherwise. We've adjusted all of the alignments based on the previous NIV and are well on our way to completing this one.

So does this mean it will be the NIV 2011, and NOT the NIV 1984 that will get the Hebrew reverse interlinear?  Will there not be a 1984 NIV interlinear?

Can't say for sure, but my guess is no since they don't even offer the NIV84 anymore....

How to upload logs

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:38 AM

Michael Childs:
Will there not be a 1984 NIV interlinear?
Logos originally told us that if you had the NIV 84 with the NT interlinear that they would complete the OT interlinear for it and for the NIV 2011 in approximately the same time frame.  However, a lot of water has gone under the bridge and Zondervan may be a little fickle.  I am not sure if there has been an announcement on this issue since.  I'm optimistic since they both have the Display button for the OT interlinear on the tool bar ; - )

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:47 AM

I really don't understand why they don't let L4 and other distributors keep selling both versions. It's rather annoying really.

How to upload logs

Posts 11943
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:52 AM

Jerry M:
However, a lot of water has gone under the bridge and Zondervan may be a little fickle.  I am not sure if there has been an announcement on this issue since.

I think I remember a Logos post to this, stating that they are not allowed to continue work on the NIV 1984 OT RI.

So I wouldn't expect on to arrive anytime soon, unless the whole stance towards NIV 1984 gets reversed (as it should be, IMHO).

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 29614
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:52 AM

David Taylor Jr:
I really don't understand why they don't let L4 and other distributors keep selling both versions. It's rather annoying really.

I don't agree with the position, but here is a reason why. Zondervan doesn't want people using the OLD version, they want people to BUY the new one. By continuing to allow their partners to support the old NIV, they feel they would be undermining the success of the new version. In a sense, they are probably right. If your goal is to sell as many new Bibles as possible, you would want to undermine the access to the old one.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:53 AM

David Taylor Jr:

If the pastor reads from a NIV 201l electronically, the church members buy paper NIV 2011.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:56 AM

alabama24:

David Taylor Jr:

I don't agree with the position, but here is a reason why. Zondervan doesn't want people using the OLD version, they want people to BUY the new one. By continuing to allow their partners to support the old NIV, they feel they would be undermining the success of the new version. In a sense, they are probably right. If your goal is to sell as many new Bibles as possible, you would want to undermine the access to the old one.

Well, ok, I understand the business reason, and from my understanding it wasn't Zondervan that pulled it but the Bible Society.  Either way, People should have a choice.

How to upload logs

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:04 PM

Jerry M:
Logos originally told us that if you had the NIV 84 with the NT interlinear that they would complete the OT interlinear for it and for the NIV 2011 in approximately the same time frame.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28219/210586.aspx#210586

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 11943
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:23 PM

steve clark:

Jerry M:
Logos originally told us that if you had the NIV 84 with the NT interlinear that they would complete the OT interlinear for it and for the NIV 2011 in approximately the same time frame.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/28219/210586.aspx#210586

yes but this is newer: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/45878/341190.aspx#341190

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:40 PM

NB.Mick:

Ahhh, i had missed reading that post. Bummer....
i am not a fan of the 2011 version and only use the 1984 version on L4 (along with other translations). i've been using the paper version of the NIV84 for years. My son got me a new copy of the NIV84 in paper (before they were pulled from the store's shelves) and i have it stored away until my current one wears out.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:38 PM

steve clark:
only use the 1984 version on L4

I guess we could use NIV 1984 for the NT as our default Bible and the NIV2011 for the OT. 

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:09 PM

Jerry M:

steve clark:
only use the 1984 version on L4

I guess we could use NIV 1984 for the NT as our default Bible and the NIV2011 for the OT. 

Not ideal, but it would be better than nothing.

How to upload logs

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:14 PM

David Taylor Jr:
Not ideal, but it would be better than nothing.

The NIV11 is about 95% identical to the NIV84, so it shouldn't be hard to work with.

Also one could set up side-by-side tabs with the 84 & 11 and get what you're looking for that way.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 4 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS