Screen resizing at start up. Is there a way to stop it?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 66
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 9 2012 12:08 PM

It used to be that when I started the Logos 4 program, it would do it's obligatory period of silence to allow you to pray and then present the full screen layout.  A few months ago, after one of the updates, it started to open in a reduced size window and then jump to full screen.  Sometimes it goes from full to reduced and back to full (maximized).

Is there a way for it to start, go to a maximized window and skip the extra step?  I have looked for some setting that might affect it, but nothing comes up. 

Any ideas?

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 29724
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 9 2012 12:13 PM

Don - I don't have any help for you other than to say that this issue has occurred intermittently on the Mac for some time.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 4:37 PM

Hi Don,

Is this occurring while opening a saved layout or the basic home page? 

Posts 66
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:57 PM

Tommy,

It occurs either way.  I usually open to a blank page as I have the "show home page" turned off for convenience.  However, I have tried turning it on with the same results.  It usually goes to a smaller page, flashes and then maximizes.  This has been going on since the update to 4.5 for the most part.

Thank you for your response.

Don

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:00 PM

Hi Don,

What version of Windows, and Logos 4 are you running? Do you have multiple monitors, and if so how are the extraneous monitors connected to the machine? 

Posts 66
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 14 2012 3:31 PM

7, 4.6SR2 and No.  It worked before using Windows 7, it worked fine prior to the 4.5 update.  It is within the software and how it interacts on start up with the OS.  

Don 

Posts 66
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2012 12:05 PM

The problem was solved today.  Thank you for the email Tommy.  I spoke with tech support (I am lousy on remembering names). He simply downsized the window, stretched it almost to full screen, closed it and reopened it in full screen.  He indicated that it may be a Windows problem (surprise, surprise), but it was remembering a previous size and, for some reason, opening to the smaller size before jumping to full screen.  Excellent problem solving.  Thank you and please extend my thanks to the support representative (you will know by the case number who it was). 

During our session, it came to my mind that in 8 years of using Logos, this is the first time I have needed to speak to tech support.  Pretty good record, I would say.

Thank you again,

Don

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2012 12:53 PM

Big Smile

That is a good run. Hopefully we can make it another 8. I'll pass on your thanks to Steve. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS