Logos gave me this amazing idea

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 297
JC54 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 13 2012 3:18 AM

Have you seen the new base package overview on the logos site? It's beautiful! I congratulate Logos with it. It is even so good that I found something that I would like to have in my library to (apart from all the books Stick out tongue). In the overview of the recourses they have books with multiple volumes shown like one (see picture below). and I love it, it would be so much easier to scroll through your library. And it is definitly different from tags because the single volumes are still displayed the same.

If this could be added as option for my library, it would be wonderfull (especially for manuscripts of the greek nw testaments and some commentaries).

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 6:11 AM

You can currently sort your Library by Series (be sure hat column is showing). However it isn't as nice looking as what you show, and it doesn't show books not in a series. The option to organize the Library as you show in your screen capture would be very nice.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 32167
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:50 AM

I like your idea.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19220
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 11:59 AM

Mark Smith:
You can currently sort your Library by Series (be sure hat column is showing). However it isn't as nice looking as what you show, and it doesn't show books not in a series.

It does show books not in a series, in the top under the "empty" series:

But Johannes, the screenshot in your example is nicer: it shows the number of volumes on the collapsed line, and gives the author in parentheses. And it also has subgrouping. This is very nice! It would be awesome if we could do this in our libraries:

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:25 PM

After you have clicked on the series heading to sort by series, you can further sort by type.  For example enter "type:commentary" to show all your commentary sets by series.  This is a nice feature. If you have the perseus collection you can enter "type:commentary ANDNOT publisher:perseus".    (Rosie please white out your library count total so that we will not be tempted to lust ; - )

Johannes I like your suggestion!  Of course we may have to wait for Logos 5 to get it.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 297
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 12:32 PM

Jerry M:
Johannes I like your suggestion!  Of course we may have to wait for Logos 5 to get it.

I hope for Logos 4.6b Stick out tongue

Posts 19220
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 1:02 PM

Jerry M:
After you have clicked on the series heading to sort by series, you can further sort by type.  For example enter "type:commentary" to show all your commentary sets by series.

Well you're right, you can filter by type and sort by series simultaneously. But you can't sort/group by series within a sort/group by type. You'd have to manually go through all the types using the filter type:commentary, type:monograph, etc. in order to see each of the groupings. It would be much nicer if there were nested subgroupings

Jerry M:
 (Rosie please white out your library count total so that we will not be tempted to lust ; - )

Oops, sorry, I hadn't thought of that. Too late. You've already seen it.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2012 1:16 PM

Rosie Perera:
It would be much nicer if there were nested subgroupings
I totally agree.  (Actually it is quite refreshing to see people with a love for God's word to the point that they would build a library like that!)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS