Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1869
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 10 2009 5:27 PM

Since the launch of our forums, we have been seeing a lot of discussion about Logos for mobile devices and ebook readers. We think we have a good idea of what you want, but before heading off in the wrong direction we wanted to get your feedback in this 8-question survey: Logos Bible Software for Mobile Devices.

If you've been wanting Logos on your mobile device, please take a moment to complete the new survey.

Posts 209
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2009 5:58 PM

Logos on mobile device! Can't wait :-)

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 1
Trev Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 1:37 AM

Yeah that would be so awesome!

Posts 6
Dennis Arbogast | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 1:52 AM

Eagerly awaiting!

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 2:13 AM

I think we should minimize the amount of loading the mobile software would put on those mobile devices. They are definitely much slower than desktop and laptops. Therefore, what I suggest is a platform which can read most of the resources as a library, but not include those complicated database searching such as greek hebrew morphology/syntax search.

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 7:29 AM

My iPhone needs Logos!

Posts 1

Please, I would like to see Logos on Blackberry and other types of phones.

Posts 54
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 8:53 AM

I think books we have purchased for Logos should be available to be read on other ebook platforms like the iphone or Kindle. I would take much greater advantage of my library if this were possible. I would be able to take advantage of the almost $2000 I have spent on logos software in the last seven years. Please make our libraries available for our use.

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 9:00 AM

Just adding my name to the iPhone list. :)

Posts 1
Heath Hamlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 9:09 AM

I wouls like logos on my Zune please.

Posts 55
Scott Criswell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 9:12 AM

I completely agree with "ChristopherFunkhouser". Although I would love to see the exegetical guide show up I realize that the most important benefit is to be able to search and read from my existing Logos library... I would love to see this on a Kindle or similar eReader. iPhone would be nice but Kindle access would be fantastic!

Another nice feature would be the ability to sync notes and bookmarks from the mobile device to the desktop client.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."

- Psalm 19:14

Posts 94
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 9:36 AM

This has been one of my top 2 most desired features since I started using Libronix 8 years ago. While it would be a nice bonus to have additional features, the features I would most like are:

1. Quick (nearly instant) Startup - With my current Palm reader when I turn on the Palm the reading program (iSilo for books, Bible+ for Bibles) is ready to go.

2. Ability to read books - I would use it primarily for simple reading on the go, in bed, etc, not indepth research. If it just has a book reader with bookmark capability I would be very happy. (Even if it only reads books and not Bibles I would be happy since I have a Bible reader, but I figure anything Logos puts out will have Bible capability as well.)

3. Not device specific - I know this may be impossible and I will understand the decision with whatever is offered, but it would be great if I didn't have to buy a Kindle or other expensive reader just to read Libronix books.

Anything else is just a bonus as far as I am concerned.

www.3rdcultureliving.com - Simple Abundant Legacy

Posts 2
Adam Bartlett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 9:55 AM

An acceptable port of Logs to the Newton platform would be awesome...oh, wait.

iPhone would be really good, too, please.

Posts 3
Andre D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 10:14 AM

I have no desire for any fancy mobile Logos applications. If I want to do serious Bible study I will do it at home with my 22" screen. What I would really like is to be able to read my large library in a Kindle. It makes the library a lot more consumable when I can read it in a beach, park, car, lunch, etc. If I can only read it when I am at home then I will die before I read even 10% of it and I will not have much incentive to grow my library beyond what is feasibly consumable.

Kindle access should be free. Having to buy a resource for Logos and then again for the Kindle makes no sense. Keep it simple and keep it free.

Anonymous | | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 10:46 AM

I am so psyched about this.  I've been wanting this for years.  I've generated PDF's of passages from books I wanted to read in the past.  Since getting a VGA resolution device, I've used remote desktop to access a computer running Logos at home.  The main number one thing I want is to be able to read resources cover to cover, so it should at least remember where I am in multiple resources.  Being able to highlight or jot a note in the margin is fairly important too.  I don't really care as much about doing fancy searching, sentence diagrams, etc.  Keylinks and the like, while nice, would not be necessary.  For serious research, I'd rather break out the tablet.  I want this for casual reading over lunch and other such breaks.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:42 PM

JeffreyGlenJackson:

I am so psyched about this.  I've been wanting this for years.  I've generated PDF's of passages from books I wanted to read in the past.  Since getting a VGA resolution device, I've used remote desktop to access a computer running Logos at home.  The main number one thing I want is to be able to read resources cover to cover, so it should at least remember where I am in multiple resources.  Being able to highlight or jot a note in the margin is fairly important too.  I don't really care as much about doing fancy searching, sentence diagrams, etc.  Keylinks and the like, while nice, would not be necessary.  For serious research, I'd rather break out the tablet.  I want this for casual reading over lunch and other such breaks.

Yes, I agree with all you said. For serious study we have notebooks, netbooks etc. We need something just to read, make notes, highlights and device remembering the page I am on. May be some statistics, what we have read already and so on. Very important thing would be that Bible references would pop up the given scripture. All other fancy stuff I have in my full-blood Logos on the notebook.

One more thing: What you think about the newly prepared platform by Apple, the Tablet? It should be 10 inches screen device, similar to the iPod Touch. Should be out in a few months. It looks ideal for reading the Logos books. We will see however. It might run with the full version of Mac Logos. That would make me to be PC/MAC hybrid... Smile I already use iPhone and am really thrilled to see the plans about putting Logos on that device. Keep on Logos. Good job Yes

P.S. You can read some info about the Apple Tablet here.

Bohuslav

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 3:04 PM

I would love to be able to access all of my books on my Kindle.  I have learned that I can copy and paste pieces into a document and then load that document to my Kindle.  Not ideal and a hassle for books that I already own.

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 3:18 PM

Peter Junor

Yay - Go for it!  Windows mobile platform too please!  I agree with the comment regarding not needing all of Logos on my pda - my pda I mostly use 'on the fly', not as my centre for research!

"Kindle" style  products are not available in Australia - please don't limit this initiative to such devices!  Oz needs the Word!!

Posts 2
Jordan Michael Roe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 3:23 PM
I think this would be fantastic! I would recommend a basic platform that allows searching of your libronix library with search tools for multiple bibles. I would use this mostly for reading & quick look up. I would not need the robust features the desktop logos offers.
Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2009 3:24 PM

Rev. Peter Junor:

Peter Junor

Yay - Go for it!  Windows mobile platform too please!  I agree with the comment regarding not needing all of Logos on my pda - my pda I mostly use 'on the fly', not as my centre for research!

"Kindle" style  products are not available in Australia - please don't limit this initiative to such devices!  Oz needs the Word!!

Yes please, Logos, remember Kindle is only for the USA, not for the rest of the World. We need something more universal. iPhone or PDA are more universal and I hope also the new Apple Tablet (we do not know much about so far...)

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS