4.6a Beta 2 (4.61.0.3185) shipping soon

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2012 4:59 PM

4.6a Beta 2 (4.61.0.3185) will ship later this evening or early tomorrow.

To update to Beta 2 when it ships, use the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 4.6 SR-2). To install Beta 2 from scratch, see the notes and download links on this thread.

Release Notes

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 5:13 PM

Brisa Calderon:

4.6a Beta 2 (4.61.0.3185) will ship later this evening or early tomorrow.

To update to Beta 2 when it ships, use the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 4.6 SR-2). To install Beta 2 from scratch, see the notes and download links on this thread.

Release Notes

Stoked about Sermon File data types with an automated index at the end! Very, very cool. I may just switch to the beta channel, after all. (Was planning to wait until after the weekend.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 529
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 5:15 PM

Up and running again. Thanks for the quick "fix"!

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 5:47 PM

Is there an interface to manage devices?

I've installed the Beta and it identifies all my devices, but it list my Nexus 7 tablet twice. I imagine this is because I had a problem with the first install, uninstalled, and then re-installed a 2nd time. In the list of devices in the Library the first one listed (which also lists vyrso & faithlife with it) is the correct one. I would like to remove the 2nd listing.

Posts 6717
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:04 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Stoked about Sermon File data types with an automated index at the end! Very, very cool. I may just switch to the beta channel, after all. (Was planning to wait until after the weekend

Can you give an example as to how to implement this syntax? Thanks.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:49 PM

Something like the attached doc maybe? It seems to generate the described results, but how do you search based on the tags?

0044.Sermon by the Fount.docx

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 7:30 PM

Showing my ignorance.

I guess the idea is to have multiple sermons per book. Silly me. Works a bit better like this, then:

0675.Sermons by the Fount.docx

Still, ugly formatting of the tables in the resulting build...

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:08 PM

Thank you… on my macbook pro 2010 lion 10.7.5, things seem much more responsive than they have the last few builds, Logos and 10.7.5 were both updated today… but i am impressed and wanted to express my appreciation for your work.

-Dan

Posts 213
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:32 PM

Can we now download Personal Books to the mobile devices?

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:20 PM

[First to Bradley: Thanks for getting Beta 2 back out so quickly so that this Sermon File Index feature can be tested -- I do appreciate that "Bob" and others have heard some of the concerns about the helpful Libronix 3 Sermon File Indexes!]

Now to Randy:

(I was a tester when the original Sermon File was crated for Libronix 3) So thank you so much  for providing this sample docx.

It did show me how a "cumulative" index [instead of each sermon simply having its own index] might be generated.

But I am a bit puzzled by how one of the features [might/or might not work] under this method:

[Granted that the "topics" do appear under the "Topics" of the Passage Guide].

However:

1.[EDITED OUT]

2. Also there does not appear to be any Logos function that will pick up [search] on the the "tags" field. Under the former Libronix 3 "sermon file" I used them for much of my organizational structure as they did not contain any of the sermon "topics"  [Is one just to keep that particular PBB open to the Index in order to search such a field?] 

Any suggestions? or Help? Or might these be "future" hoped for enhancements?

...early questions...

[Please Note, if this should have been a separate thread, please feel free to separate/transfer it etc].

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:28 PM

All right, I stand corrected as to the searching of Titles. This can be done through the TOC which lists each one.

Am I correct in  assuming that they will need a Heading 1 in the Word docx to work this way?

Thanks

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:05 PM

The searching is the part I'm not sure of.

The headings can be organized any way you like afaict. Here's one more version that I was playing with earlier:

2158.Sermons by the Fount.docx

It uses Heading 1 (H1) to identify series, and H2 to for individual "sermons" (this is useful for much much more than sermons, I think). Then lower heading can be used for outlining points in the sermon, etc. I think this file does a better job of showing what's going on with the indexes at the end too.

But I'm unclear with regards to searches. I would expect there would be a way to say

• search for sermons on <topic>
  • search for sermons on <tag>
  • search for sermons referencing <passage>
  • etc.

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:34 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

The headings can be organized any way you like afaict. Here's one more version that I was playing with earlier:

2158.Sermons by the Fount.docx

It uses Heading 1 (H1) to identify series, and H2 to for individual "sermons" (this is useful for much much more than sermons, I think). Then lower heading can be used for outlining points in the sermon, etc. I think this file does a better job of showing what's going on with the indexes at the end too.

Yes, very good -- that was what I was also attempting (and have been able to do].

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

But I'm unclear with regards to searches. I would expect there would be a way to say

• search for sermons on <topic>
  • search for sermons on <tag>
  • search for sermons referencing <passage>
  • etc.

What I have seen [IS this a BUG?]

The FIRST sermon to appear is the one with the ACTUAL hyper-links that can be clicked on (and then you can immediately jump tp that  sermon). 

If you then change the order of the documents that latest (different) one to be listed FIRST will then become the only one that will have true hyper-links in the various tags/scritures etc.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:42 PM

SteveF:

What I have seen [IS this a BUG?]

The FIRST sermon to appear is the one with the ACTUAL hyper-links that can be clicked on (and then you can immediately jump tp that  sermon). 

If you then change the order of the documents that latest (different) one to be listed FIRST will then become the only one that will have true hyper-links in the various tags/scritures etc.

OK Randy:

I see from your test document  that ALL of the individual Word docs MUST be merged into ONE VERY LARGE docx file RATHER than having including a number of individual files.  This then makes EACH hyper-link work. 

[I'm not totally sure that I like that idea, but Thank you.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:00 AM

Ah, I had not tried it yet using multiple files, but I'm not sure I follow. When you mention hyperlinks are you talking about the table of contents on the left hand side or the the ones in the index? I broke the file into two files and it still seems to produce the same output:

1033.Sermons by the Fount.docx

5810.Sermons by the Fount2.docx

Posts 11733
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 2:25 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
Here's one more version that I was playing with earlier:

Randy, thanks a lot.

Due to remarks in a parallel thread about the number of (insignificant, but annoying) warnings produced by the PB compiler, I edited a little bit: 3583.2158.Sermons by the Fount.docx

Since the warnings were one per empty line and one per table cell, maybe it's more convenient to go on with this. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 29381
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:51 AM

Jeffrey S. Robison:
Can we now download Personal Books to the mobile devices?

No.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:38 AM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
are you talking about the table of contents on the left hand side or the the ones in the index? I broke the file into two files and it still seems to produce the same output:

I was talking about the ones in the Index. Yours ALL work correctly. ie. I can compile a book using both of your separate files AND ALL of your hyper-links work in the index.

BUT Mine do not. [Only the first listed document has working Index hyper-links.] I have not yet figured out why.

EDIT: when I put 2 sermons into each of 2 documents (as you have done) the Index "scrambles" the hyper-links. Some hyperlinks are not "live" while others are listed in the index with the "wrong" choice of sermon. I am not sure what is going on. I am using "full length" documents. They also have differing fonts and sizes.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:41 AM

NB.Mick:
Since the warnings were one per empty line and one per table cell, maybe it's more convenient to go on with this. 

Thank you for this insight. This is much "cleaner"  compiler log file.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:56 AM

SteveF:

BUT Mine do not. [Only the first listed document has working Index hyper-links.] I have not yet figured out why.

EDIT: when I put 2 sermons into each of 2 documents (as you have done) the Index "scrambles" the hyper-links. Some hyperlinks are not "live" while others are listed in the index with the "wrong" choice of sermon. I am not sure what is going on. I am using "full length" documents. They also have differing fonts and sizes.

If you're still having problems with it and you want to post them (or a version of them) here, or email them to me, simsrw73 at gmail, maybe we can help figure out what is going on.

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS