If you haven't yet discovered Logos' Catholic blog...

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 20 2012 6:52 PM

...you are definitely missing something!

It is sooo much better than Logos' regular blog, and it has posts that deserve to be read by many more people. 

For starters, there are a couple of excellent pieces by Andrew Jones on 

As many of you know, Andrew's a medieval historian and he clearly knows his subject. If you thought the medieval Church didn't care about the Bible, be prepared to change your mind.Smile

There are also training posts of a much higher class than Mo's Monday blogs. Some of my favourites include:

Plus, there's nowhere near as many ad posts as on the regular blog. Yes

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 11220
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 10:23 PM

Wow, fgh ... where have I been? These are really good.

I put the site next to my Logos icon on my browser.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 99
john joyce | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2012 11:53 PM

Yes it is excellent which is why I am excited about (more so then the overpriced Mo's learn logos):

https://www.logos.com/product/16094/catholic-practicum-learn-to-use-logos-bible-software

So near, please give a little push to get it over!

Posts 1518
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 2:29 AM

Great post, fgh, right on.

fgh:

Leveraging a Lexicon for Early Church Studies, Part II, which shows a clever new way to use BDAG (new to me, at least).

New to me as well. This blog post is just the type of advanced Logos training that is great to see and can really open up new ways to use Logos for users already familiar with the program. Thanks to Isaiah Hoogendyk for the post and we hope to see more!

Posts 557
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:58 AM

Thanks for the info.  Very helpful.

Posts 10919
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:08 AM

A very good recommendation!

fgh:
it has posts that deserve to be read by many more people. 

Yes, definitely. Especially since

fgh:
There are also training posts of a much higher class than Mo's Monday blogs
. Yep (and they don't have this annoying picture)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 466
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:17 AM

Wow!  Thank ever so much!  

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:24 AM

john joyce:

Yes it is excellent which is why I am excited about (more so then the overpriced Mo's learn logos):

https://www.logos.com/product/16094/catholic-practicum-learn-to-use-logos-bible-software

So near, please give a little push to get it over!

I've never been very tempted by Mo's courses, but after seeing Andrew's Catechism video I was a bit tempted by this. I'd certainly like to see the last part. Don't think I can defend the cost, though. But I might be in the market for a second hand copy later (it's DVD's so I presume they're sellable like any other used DVD). 

Also wondering if "Over seven hours of content taught using Logos 4" will be true when it ships? The hints seem to suggest that L4 will be outdated by that time. And Andrew needs to update his credentials.Stick out tongue

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:38 AM

I wonder if he will consider mentioning titles that are not in the Catholic base-packages, such as: Blenkinsopp Ezekiel -commentary (Interpretation -series) ... it's a bit briefer than some recommended protestant commentaries which I think are too ellaborate and thereby both expensive and time-consuming.
And I would like this made available in Logos and mentioned: Re: Steve K. Ray -books catholic-convert.com

But I hope he will not use up the time for talking about the Raymond E. Brown -titles!
I also don't read Scott Hahn, he is vague on the topic of Purgatory by not saying that it's only in afterlife. See: http://www.christianforums.com/t7510849/#post58365543

fgh:
john joyce:
Yes it is excellent which is why I am excited about (more so then the overpriced Mo's learn logos):
Also wondering if "Over seven hours of content taught using Logos 4" will be true when it ships? The hints seem to suggest that L4 will be outdated by that time. And Andrew needs to update his credentials.Stick out tongue 

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:32 AM

fgh!          *smile*

Thanks so much for those wonderful links!          Much appreciated indeed!

Peace to you ....            and Always Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5
Robert Bushlow | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 3:49 PM

This looks great!

I'm looking forward to this.

Posts 3883
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:22 PM

fgh, trying to smile as much as Milford, but I think he and KP4J have me beat.  I'm smiling none-the-less.  thanks for the heads up!  I'm curious about the training videos, too, although I'd have to say that Mo does a fantastic job.  I've wondered if some people are not enamored with the more simple tips he puts out on the blog, because I have found his workshops to be extremely helpful.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 22
Scott W Fischer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 6:35 AM

So I "ordered" the Catholic Practicum back in May and as of today the website says "Under Development."  Is there anywhere that an expected date of availability is published?

-swf

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2013 3:44 PM

Scott W Fischer:

So I "ordered" the Catholic Practicum back in May and as of today the website says "Under Development."  Is there anywhere that an expected date of availability is published?

-swf

I don't think there is an expected delivery date, yet.  However, it's been in the works for a long time now.  I ordered back in January 2012, shortly after the launch of the original Catholic base packages.

Hopefully soon!  Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS