New Sermon Addin PBB warning messages

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:12 AM

I think the new Sermon Addin capability will address my needs with PBBs and sermon capture. It seems to do quite well at indexing, etc. However, I receive a number of warning messages (only warnings, it doesn't impact the compile).

I really noticed them when I compiled a set of about 10-15 sermons - it produced over 200 warnings. The warnings were mostly '[Warning] Failed to interpret width value: 0pt'. I stripped out virtually all the text and still received messages. Even with only the following text and using the default WORD template I received 16 of these warning messages.

Test

Sermon File Type

Sermon

Passages

Gen 1:1; John 3:16

Topics

Creation; Love

Tags

Examples; Testing

Speaker

John G. Smith

Venue

There

Date

September 28, 2000

The log:

[Info] Starting build for PBB:f767b38196fc474f9a3cbd905f4607eb
[Info] Converting
[Info] Converting C:\Users\Danny\Documents\My pbb books\my sermons\sermons on Chronicles danny parker.docx
[Info] Compiling
[Warning] Failed to interpret width value: 0pt
[Info] Discovering
[Info] Complete

Also, received multiple warnings whenever a line formated as a header of some sort in Word has 1 letter or no text at all on the line. 

[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN'. Article Length is zero.
[Warning] Article 'A_UNKNOWN' has only 0 characters.
[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN_2'. Article Length is zero.
[Warning] Article 'A_UNKNOWN_2' has only 0 characters.
[Warning] Article 'A_UNKNOWN_3' has only 1 characters.
[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN_5'. Article Length is zero.
[Warning] Article 'A_UNKNOWN_5' has only 0 characters.

Since I have not used PBB for a while as I waited on the Sermon Addin features, I don't know if this is normal behavior or not. The warning messages seem excessive  - especially since it is not easy to use the log to find the actual problem.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 12:52 AM

Danny Parker:

This has something to do with the table formatting. Haven't really tried to figure it out. But if you delete one row from a table you will see the count of these errors drop by 2. One error for each cell of the table. It seems harmless. I've seen it in every build.

Danny Parker:
[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN'. Article Length is zero.

This also appears harmless. This one happens when a body paragraph is followed by a blank paragraph (an empty line) which is then followed by a heading. Delete any blank lines that fall below body text and above a heading. Use formatting on the heading to add space there if desired.

I also periodically, regularly receive an error that the resource is locked and can't build. I have to close out and restart to build again. All resources are closed when this happens.

OT: One other issue I've been wondering about is the Speaker and Venue tags. Why aren't they in the index?

Posts 11733
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 2:19 AM

Danny,

Randy is right on both counts. 

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Danny Parker:

This has something to do with the table formatting. ....harmless.

FWIW, I used the sample file from the forum and changed the formatting.

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Danny Parker:

This also appears harmless. This one happens when a body paragraph is followed by a blank paragraph (an empty line) which is then followed by a heading. Delete any blank lines that fall below body text and above a heading. Use formatting on the heading to add space there if desired.

Yep. There is a wiki page explaining these, but instead of digging that up, I changed the file to build without warnings: 7522.2158.Sermons by the Fount.docx

Just change as appropriate.

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
OT: One other issue I've been wondering about is the Speaker and Venue tags. Why aren't they in the index?

Strange, yes. I figured they might leave them out when there's only one speaker and one place, thus tried with different entries, but no joy. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:02 AM

Thanks all. It's been awhile since I messed with PBBs. I should have gone to look at the Wiki.

Maybe they are still working on capability on the venue, speaker. Hope so. But I am glad they we have what we have.

Back to work on creating PBBs of sermons.

Posts 223
David R. McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:44 PM

Danny Parker:

I think the new Sermon Addin capability will address my needs with PBBs and sermon capture. It seems to do quite well at indexing, etc. However, I receive a number of warning messages (only warnings, it doesn't impact the compile).

I really noticed them when I compiled a set of about 10-15 sermons - it produced over 200 warnings. The warnings were mostly '[Warning] Failed to interpret width value: 0pt'. I stripped out virtually all the text and still received messages. Even with only the following text and using the default WORD template I received 16 of these warning messages.

I had this same problem Danny. I found that if I had a header above the table (i.e. sermon title), then the warnings never showed up. In other words, the table seems to operate better within the sermon, than "outside it" if that makes sense. Also, on this example, I prefer to have borders on the table, but it works without them too.

3857.Sermon.zip

David
https://echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 1 Tb SSD; Win 10; Windows Defender

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:50 PM

It must have a bit of a problem with tables. I set the table layout with a default width (for the table and the columns) and it resolved all my warning messages.

I have fought miscellaneous issues as I have 8 years worth of Word files. I have yet to have a problem with it compiling - just the annoying warnings (especially for someone obsessive). But I have gotten rid of them all - at least so far.

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:52 PM

Danny Parker:
'[Warning] Failed to interpret width value: 0pt'.

This is addressed here:

http://wiki.logos.com/PB_%E2%80%93_Warnings_$26_Errors

look for 

Warning caused by Tables

Follow its instructions and this problem will disappear. It is caused by the Use of the "table" to format these Sermon File codes.

EDIT: It looks like you also solved this while I was posting

Regards, SteveF

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:56 PM

Great Wiki article. Wish I had seen it before I figured most of it out independently -story of my life Confused. I did pick up some additional hints as well. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS