Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:40 AM

This is subjective as I can't compare and didn't really take notice before upgrading the beta, but it seem the home screen is much much slower to redraw when resizing the window or maximizing/restoring. Does anyone else notice this?

My system is a fairly new Dell XPS 8300 with a core i7, 12GB Ram, ATI Radeon 6800 w/ 1GB RAM.

When I drag out the corner I can see the grey workspace under the white canvas that the home page is drawn on for a bit, it then expands to fit (nearly completely formatted), then flashes to blank white slate, shows loading indicator for a bit (is it resyncing across internet every time it redraws?) and finally starts redrawing the screen. Doing it multiple times doesn't change much: it still goes through the above motions, may get slightly quicker.

RAM usage is well below <%50, CPU usages goes from %13 to %28 and back down while drawing. Nothing seems to be limiting Logos.

It's not a huge slowdown here. 3-5 seconds, but this is a pretty up to date system so it may be slower elsewhere.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 7:58 AM

I have not noticed this. Try loading your homepage, and then once loaded press <shift-F5> This will refresh the screen and clear the Homepage cache

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:45 AM

Didn't know about the <Shift-F5>, but that didn't have any effect, even after restarting Logos.

Here's a quick screen cap. It's actually seems to be moving a bit faster this time during the first couple resizes, but slows down more like what I've been seeing during the maximize/restore near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2aewj3cDeA

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 8:58 AM

I see your point. I would imagine the developers will probably need your logos 4 log to see what is happening

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS