Copy Bible Verses frustrations

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:35 AM

I use the Copy Bible Verses function a lot, especially in sermon prep.  That being the case, I'm forever switching backwards and forwards between MS Word and Logos 4.  When I select 'Copy & Paste' in L4 it would save me a lot of time if two things then happened: a) the Copy Bible Verses window automatically closed, and b) if I were automatically directed to where I had copied the bible verses (MS Word).  

Anyone else feel this frustration (or is it just me)?  

Thanks!

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:46 AM

Richard Wardman:

I use the Copy Bible Verses function a lot, especially in sermon prep.  That being the case, I'm forever switching backwards and forwards between MS Word and Logos 4.  When I select 'Copy & Paste' in L4 it would save me a lot of time if two things then happened: a) the Copy Bible Verses window automatically closed, and b) if I were automatically directed to where I had copied the bible verses (MS Word).  

Anyone else feel this frustration (or is it just me)?  

Thanks!

With a two monitor system and Word & Logos on separate screens this isn't an issue. So there's one solution. Smile

Another solution is to use SmartTags. Be sure to read the Wiki on this: http://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags (Note that smart tags will paste using the last style you used in the CBV dialog.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:53 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

With a two monitor system and Word & Logos on separate screens this isn't an issue. So there's one solution. Smile

One day.....

Richard DeRuiter:
Another solution is to use SmartTags. Be sure to read the Wiki on this: http://wiki.logos.com/Smart_Tags (Note that smart tags will paste using the last style you used in the CBV dialog.)

I knew this was a feature on the Mac, but having just been forced back onto Windows I wasn't aware of the feature.  Thanks!!  That might make things easier.

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:07 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
(Note that smart tags will paste using the last style you used in the CBV dialog.)

It also appears to only copy from your preferred bible.  I use NIV84 for preaching, but ESV is my preferred bible in L4 so that's what I get using SmartTags.

Apart from that, SmartTags really are smart!

Posts 6
Randy Mlinek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:27 AM

Two monitors??  Why not two computers?  Why not fixing the problem? Just sayin....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS