Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 17
Sherry Boyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:04 AM

Is there a way to set the font size to a song and it automatically resize it to multiple slides?

Posts 5314
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:07 PM

Sherry:

Is there a way to set the font size to a song and it automatically resize it to multiple slides?

Hi Sherry,

I am not sure how to answer your question. Once you set the font size for a song the program makes it the same for all the slides in that song.

When you start with a new song - Proclaim contains and algorithm that sets the font size to what it works out is the most appropriate depending partly on the length of the longest line. You have to change each song individually if you want to change that font size.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 17
Sherry Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:26 AM

I would like to set a font size and proclaim move the text to individual slides to make it that size.

We are presently using MediaShout and I can say I want the text size 50 and if it won't fit on one slide it moves it to multiple slides.  It looks like to me that Proclaim won't make it that size until you manually break the text with hard returns and spaces.

So is there a way to set the font size and the text move on to multiple slides to make it that size?

Posts 5314
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:06 AM

Sorry no!

The Proclaim developers take an aesthetic view of lyrics. The approach is to avoid the crude line breaks and slide splits that automation can introduce.

The result of this is that if we wish to split the text that our source put on a single line or in a single verse we have to do so manually. Hence we are obliged to take a view on readability and sing ability.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 17
Sherry Boyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:12 AM

I understand what you are saying it just will be a little more work, because some verses are too long to be seen on one slide.

Thank you for your help.

Posts 33
Dan Burkhead | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:30 PM

Since one slide may have a line with interferes with the entire song (I've spent a lot of times combing through slides to find out which slide is causing all my other slides to be extremely small), I've found it's best to limit your lyrics to 3-5 words per line.  It's a hassle, but it helps congregations with people who need large print font which proclaim can't seem to auto-adjust for individual slides.

Posts 89
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:17 PM

it is actually aesthetically annoying that the lyrics changes font size depending on how much you are trying to fit onto a slide and can look quite unprofessional

I'm looking forward to the ability to manage the song database so that we can have a better master version of songs

Posts 5314
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:35 AM

Randle Bond:

it is actually aesthetically annoying that the lyrics changes font size depending on how much you are trying to fit onto a slide and can look quite unprofessional

I'm looking forward to the ability to manage the song database so that we can have a better master version of songs

Actually it is strange, that with all the language experts in Logos, an 'smart line break' algorithm cannot be devised that divides long hymn lines in clauses type segments rather than word by word which they seem to be trying to avoid.

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 9
Bruce Goettsche | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2013 9:35 AM

We agree that this is very frustrating. Our biggest hangup in actually switching from Media Shout to Proclaim is the inability to set a font size that works in our church. Proclaim is set up so that you have to reset the size again and again. Once you have it set . . . if you change backgrounds you have to start all over! Not sure why there is such resistance to giving the churches what will actually work for them.

Posts 3
runruh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:44 AM

I am a newbie, and I find many things with this program frustrating. Trying to find "how-to" in a forum setting is the worst.

I could accept the different size fonts (though I would prefer adjusting font size on the whole screen to the longest line), but each font size greatly changes the line spacing so that sometimes the lines overlap.

Posts 84
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:56 PM

Bruce Goettsche:

We agree that this is very frustrating. Our biggest hangup in actually switching from Media Shout to Proclaim is the inability to set a font size that works in our church. Proclaim is set up so that you have to reset the size again and again. Once you have it set . . . if you change backgrounds you have to start all over! Not sure why there is such resistance to giving the churches what will actually work for them.

Ditto this!Huh?

I'm switching from MediaShout to Proclaim and wish that I could set the font size that I need.

One of the problems with not being able to set my own font size is that Proclaim hasn't been in my building and therefore has no idea what size screen I'm using (read: undersized and hopefully soon remedied) and also has never met my congregation. 

Please allow me to set my display up for my uses...sorry if that seems to egocentric.

Posts 13
Terry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:19 AM

Yeah - at least having the option of full control on how we want to see the slide, including the font, especially the font, is important. We do not like having different songs with different font sizes we would like them consistent. 

Maybe an option could be added to enable or disable the so-called forced aesthetic. 

Posts 2
James D Sirks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 9:54 PM

I know this is an old thread, but there doesn't seem to be a very good resolution listed for the perceived problems.  I too, was a MediaShout convert and used to picking whatever font I wanted and especially enjoyed adding italicized or bold words whenever I fancied.  However, after two years of using Proclaim, I am even happier that I have NEVER lost material due to a system crash, and am more than willing to face whatever simplifications may continue to make avoiding system crashes possible.  I do, however, have a workaround for those of you wanting consistency with your fonts between slides and songs...

My solution has been to create a customized "style."  When editing your lyrics, you'll notice a drop-down menu next to "effects" labeled "styles."  Under the drop-down menu you'll see a number of pre-programed styles that can be applied to your lyrics.  You can also customize your own style, which can include font size, alignment, drop shadows, outlines, etc.  Create your style and save it.  Then you can recall it anytime you add a song.  You will still have to limit the length of your lines so that Proclaim won't shrink the font, but it's a pretty good place to start.

One other suggestion... As soon as you are able, begin switching your systems over to widescreen format (16X9 at least).  Your computer will already do it- choice of aspect ratio is listed on the top line of the Proclaim workspace, and your projector will as well.  So it basically comes down to getting a wider projection screen, and maybe repositioning your projector.  Wide aspect ratios will help you get those longer lyric sentences onto one line, and help avoid having Proclaim scale down your presentations.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 9:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback James! We have a related help article here that others may find useful.

Posts 2

Our congregation is taking Proclaim for a test drive. It may be a deal breaker that we cannot over ride the auto font size correct. We rely on a large font size for several reasons and appreciate the freedom to make line breaks and page breaks as necessary. Proclaim always auto adjusts the font making each slide font size slightly different. This looks unprofessional and is very frustrating.

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 10 2018 1:10 PM

Hello South Hill Christian Church,

Have you tried expanding the size of the textbox to accommodate longer verse lines?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS