Patience can be a Christian virtue: James 1:2 Hebrews 6:11

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34442
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:31 PM
  • It seems to me that the frustration level of those posting problems is increasing with time - understandable because they've had time to gain some familiarity and not yet solved their problems.
  • It seems to me that the frustration level of those answering the problems is increasing with time - understandable because the same problems are reported over and over without any indication that the poster attempted to see if the problem has already been addressed
  • It seems to me that both are engaging in A GREAT DEAL MORE POST SHOUTING and name calling - both of which express the frustration but do not enhance communication

May I suggest - Don't press the post button until you are sure you'd gladly justify your post  to Jesus in person - immediately.Idea

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2859
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 12:12 AM

MJ, to your comments above i will say -  Amen

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:43 AM

MJ. Smith:
May I suggest - Don't press the post button until you are sure you'd gladly justify your post  to Jesus in person - immediately

Some of us would probably follow the example of Jonah or Elijah Geeked

Seriously, that was good advice. I am one who—far too often—needs to heed your words.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:00 AM

MJ. Smith:
May I suggest - Don't press the post button until you are sure you'd gladly justify your post  to Jesus in person - immediately.Idea

I agree, I receive it gladly and will try to remember your advice.

Bohuslav

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:43 AM

Martha,

As one who's had to step back and reflect on their behavior....I too will try and remember this.

PS:

yourwordtosearch site:community.logos.com

should be on every forum as a sticky .... Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 1:33 PM

Amen, Martha!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:01 PM

Very well said and very much needed ! Also; very well filed.

Stephen

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:05 PM

Amen.

Posts 3106
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:19 PM

Interesting, and lucid, observation.

On the one hand, I understand the frustration of the consumer; the software is expensive.  On the other hand, I agree with Logos' strategy to release the product with some unfinished business in it, in order to make it available and finish it out as a work in progress.  And I can imagine the frustration on their side, as they aren't free to express it as is the consumer.  (Think about it....Logos is providing this very platform (forums) from which a handful of folks are using to take potshots, and I've seen only professionalism and courtesy from the Logos folks here in response.)

I don't know how Logos can sell the product as cheaply as they do, considering the complexity and size of the database of works they have available.  And I'm sure the folks at Logos have learned the truth of the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Bottom line for me is, I agree with the intent of the original post and hope I (and others) will be as patient with Logos when I need an answer as I want folks to be with me.  This product is something I cannot duplicate on my own (and I don't know anybody personally who could), so I won't look a gift horse in the mouth and I'll try to be grateful for the software even when I can't figure something out!

I believe fully in the providence of God; the glitches in L4 and A4 didn't surprise Him, and I know these tools will be used to glorify Him and further His kingdom, in spite of a few bugs and impatient children thrown in the mix.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS