Copying search results

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 240
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:39 AM

In L3 - when you did a "concordance" search for instance, once the search was done, you could highlight the results, copy and paste the entire contents into a document. I find no way to either copy or export search results in L4? Am I just missing it?

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:47 AM

No, that's one of those things that hopefully will appear sooner rather later in an update...

If you do Graph results, the graphs have lots of export options; I hope that this will be more or less replicated for the search results (Copy/Save As/Send to Powerpoint/Print/Export to Excel)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:49 AM

Reid,

Not at the moment...you can do a screen shot or something similar.

PS: there is a great way of searching for forums, type this into your fast browser search bar

wordtosearch site:community.logos.com

It's much better than the forum search and you'll find a lot of good answers here...

bob

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 240
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:53 AM

Thanks both to Jon and Bob. I've still got l3 so I'll use that for that particular function for now, and wait eagerly for the update. 

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 12:20 PM

I have similar problem to .In logos 3 ,I could simply highlited and by clickin on Auto.look up I was able to copy and past the verses to the word decument, But I miss this tool now.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 9
Ruben C Casas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:04 AM

I hope the developers will consider integrating all of the Fast Search features of L3 in L4.  One wonders why it was not included on the original plans of L4. It is such a helpful function of the program. Perhaps, this feature will be available in the next update. I miss it so much. I think the company wanted to release L4 before Christmas and this, one of the most helpful features in L3, was left out. Hopefully they will read the forum, and include the Fast Search and the select, copy and paste functionalities on the results. In the meantime, we need to continue using L3.

Posts 19317
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:18 AM

RubenCCasas:

I hope the developers will consider integrating all of the Fast Search features of L3 in L4.  One wonders why it was not included on the original plans of L4. It is such a helpful function of the program. Perhaps, this feature will be available in the next update. I miss it so much. I think the company wanted to release L4 before Christmas and this, one of the most helpful features in L3, was left out. Hopefully they will read the forum, and include the Fast Search and the select, copy and paste functionalities on the results. In the meantime, we need to continue using L3.

Ruben, you are in luck. Speed Search (which has been renamed "Search while typing") has been re-implemented in 4.0b (still in beta testing). In its first incarnation it wasn't as zippy as Speed Search was in L3 was, but they've been continuing to improve it, and I trust it will be on a par with L3 by the time 4.0b ships.

The ability to select and copy search results has been requested many times, and I echo it again here. +1 Yes  I know they've heard us; whether they're going to do it in a release in the near future remains to be seen. They've explained the technical reasons why it's much harder for them to do that with the L4 architecture than it was in L3. They did not anticipate such a strong reaction from users to that functionality being eliminated. Perhaps if we persist in saying how inconvenient it is that it doesn't work anymore, they might finally relent. There are a lot of other features they have higher on their priority list, though. See http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS