DEVELOPERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Devotionals on the homepage would be nice!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:38 AM

I know I can send an email directly to cs but I wanted to make my plea for a user friendly webpage in Logos that is not chock full of ads selling additional Logos resources.  Would your next major update set aside at least half the page as customizable with some devotionals please.  May I have more than a one inch square for my daily devotionals please?.  Why not finally opt into making the homepage user friendly...its not been for ages now.  Thanks for all you do....but a user friendly useful non-sales-pitched homepage is long overdue. 

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:19 AM

You can use the Customize button at the bottom left of the homepage to remove the "Ads".

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:21 AM
Just as an FYI, you can turn off all the advertisements if you prefer.
Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:31 AM

tHANKS, I am aware that ads can be turned off everyone.  I want the ability to go to a homepage that has devotionals right from the get go - preferably ones that change depending upon todays date.

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:41 AM

Your devotionals do show up on the homepage. 

Do you have any devotionals prioritized? As soon as your prioritize your devotionals (and make sure that devotionals is checked in the homepage options) your devotionals will appear on your homepage. I use the devotional links from the homepage all the time. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:43 AM

If you turn the adds off they will stay off. You can go to the homepage and if you have the devotional on it will be there. You can prioritize the one you want and you can reorder where it appears on the homepage I think.

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 11:57 AM

Devotionals show up.

One inch snippets that force me to click elsewhere to see more is simply NOT USER FRIENDLY>

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:41 PM

I believe it's intended to that way. Like a newspaper. There's only so much you can put on the front page. You have to abbreviate the stories and let the user turn the page to read the stories they're interested in instead of having the user flip through 2 dozen pages to find something interesting.

Posts 32181
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 12:46 PM

Joshua, when you post in the General forum there is no guarantee that a Logos employee will read the post. The only forums they consistently read are Suggestions and the various Beta forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1753
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:11 PM

Thanks MJ

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS