Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 6
David Floyd | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:39 PM

Is there a good app that works with Logos to create sermon notes rather than using a printed copy?

I would love to use the iPad in the pulpit.

Thanks

Posts 1799
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:08 PM

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/17920.aspx this thread documents some practices by others

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1799
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:10 PM

I create my sermon notes in Word, save as a PDF open in the pulpit with Good Reader. Simple 4 finger swipe switches between Good Reader and Logos.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1799
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:21 PM

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/48291/358176.aspx#358176 shows some other best practices

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 5:53 AM

If you look, there are actually a couple of apps that are now coming out specifically for this type of work on the iPad. Here are two such apps:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sermon-design-for-preachers/id527203082?mt=8

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sermonotes/id528894781?mt=8

Posts 44
Bob Fuller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:42 AM
Though I use Logos extensively for research, I use Olive Tree for preaching, I create in Word, insert into O-T, do some simple indenting, and transfer it to my iPad. When it's there, not only do I have my outline, but all of my scripture references are hyperlinked (of course, I need the translation I preach from as part of my O-T collection).
Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:23 AM

Bob, does Olive Tree have the ability to put personal documents onto their mobile apps? I've been wanting to put personal documents on my Logos iphone app, but if I can do this on the Olive Tree app that would be great! What I'm trying to go for is getting personal docs to show up (and hopefully sync with) my opened Bible. I am able to inport personal docs through other programs right now (dropbox), but what I really want is to get them in a window beside the Bible text. To get them in one of my Bible apps would be great.

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:28 AM

Liam Walsh:

Bob, does Olive Tree have the ability to put personal documents onto mobile their apps? I've been wanting to put personal documents on my Logos iphone app, but if I can do this on the Olive Tree app that would be great! What I'm trying to go for is getting personal docs to show up (and hopefully sync with) my opened Bible. I am able to inport personal docs through other programs right now (dropbox), but what I really want is to get them in a window beside the Bible text. To get them in one of my Bible apps would be great.

Yes,  you can use split screen.  I use Bible text on the left and my note file on the right.  You can either type directly into the note file in OT or do the work on your computer and transfer to your IPad and then copy it in your note file in OT.

Posts 99
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:54 AM

Outline+ is free for today (October 5, $14.99). This is the app that I use, because I use Microsoft office Onenote to do my sermon prep. It uses Dropbox to sync between your Onenote file on PC and the notebook file on your IPad. I can send notes to iPad, then make additional notes and it will sync back to my Pc. It does require a little computer savy to setup the sync. (You must create notebook file In Dropbox folder). 

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outline-onenote-notebooks/id451920439?mt=8

Posts 27430
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:19 AM

jtondee:
Outline+ is free for today (October 5, $14.99).

Thanks for the heads up. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:34 AM

For my class notes / outlines I use calibre. It will take just about any doc / text format and convert it to just about any ebook format.

I use it to convert Word docs (.docx) to Amazon Kindle books (mobi), works great:

http://calibre-ebook.com/

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 99
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:53 AM

Here is an example of the flexibility outline + allows you to have.

Outline enables you to take each of the text boxes and make them as wide or narrow as you want. Enables you (when created from onenote) to edit tables, which I have come to love for breaking down scripture passages in my notes (as seen above text box on the right). It also has some basic styles which can be applied to the text, which is useful for headings - subheadings and so on. You can move, expand, narrow, and create new boxes from within the ipad app so i have found its great for, those last minute additions when i get to church and simple to reorder my notes as needed.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:54 AM
I take my PowerPoint slides, insert a blank side between each one, put some preliminary notes on the blank slide and save it as PDF. I then open the PDF in Goodreader and set it to display two pages side by side. I can then add hand written notes to the PDF using Goodreader While I am practicing my sermon and see exactly what the congregation sees on the slides.
Posts 99
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 12:04 PM

I feel like I've hijacked the thread, with these. Wanted to give another I have used and liked. It's more traditional for those who like a structure of an outline. It's called omni-outliner. Its pricey at $20, and its biggest hindrance is its lack of Dropbox or iCloud support. If your into creating structured outlines on the iPad it's great. For the price I wish the sync options were better. Enjoying the thread loving seeing and hearing what others use to help them deliver the Word of God

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 1:19 PM

jtondee:

Here is an example of the flexibility outline + allows you to have.

Outline enables you to take each of the text boxes and make them as wide or narrow as you want. Enables you (when created from onenote) to edit tables, which I have come to love for breaking down scripture passages in my notes (as seen above text box on the right). It also has some basic styles which can be applied to the text, which is useful for headings - subheadings and so on. You can move, expand, narrow, and create new boxes from within the ipad app so i have found its great for, those last minute additions when i get to church and simple to reorder my notes as needed.

Thank you so much for alerting me this while it's free. I will be great for study. It looks like it will also be great as a prayer journal!

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:43 AM

Missed the freebie! Crying

Posts 99
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:15 AM

The outline app in the link above is free but is limited in what it can do and has no Dropbox support. Outline + was free for one day it is the more featured and is currently $14.99 (which I gladly paid)

i hope I put the right link to the full edition that was free last week, I might owe everyone an apology if I linked to the wrong one. I put the link that company had placed in  twitter feed

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:45 AM
jtondee:

The outline app in the link above is free but is limited in what it can do and has no Dropbox support. Outline + was free for one day it is the more featured and is currently $14.99 (which I gladly paid)

i hope I put the right link to the full edition that was free last week, I might owe everyone an apology if I linked to the wrong one. I put the link that company had placed in  twitter feed

So far I am enjoying the app, the only thing really missing is the ability to email or export the notes in some format like a PDF. If a speaker needs to get a copy of their notes to a church's A/V Team it would be great. You can export the slides as jpegs add them to the note, and add sermon notes next to it.
Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:25 AM

jtondee:

How do you sync to your iPad? Did you have existing OneNote docs that you moved to Outline or did you build everything from scratch in Outline? I bought the 14.99 edition but seem to be an expert at creating conflicted pages syncing with Dropbox. But, I am rolling my existing OneNote docs from the PC to Outline. Just curious if you are having any syncing issues.

Posts 3
George Kuruvilla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:59 PM

Totally agree with you. I have been using Sermonotes and its really awesome. Its fast easy to get to the Bible, chapter of verse.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS