Visual Filter: Cases

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Joshua A Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 8 2012 2:59 PM

I want to create a visual filter for bibles and UBS4 to highlight cases.  So, all nominatives will be red, all genitives will be green, etc.  I created a visual filter titled "Cases", which contains 4 finds, with the case name in the "find" field, but nothing shows highlighted in UBS4. Also, when I go to check the new visual filter in the UBS4 panel, the filter is not available.    

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:46 PM

Here is a screen shot.  Click to enlarge.  I first created a collection of the Bibles I wanted to use in the filter.  I chose the ESV and UBS4 with interlinear.  Then I used a Morph filter and selected my collection.  I used Logos Greek morphology.  Make sure you use the same Greek Bible in both instances.  Once you type in a @ in the search box a drop down will appear.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:50 PM

Joshua, visual filters only work with the resource type for which they were created. If you want this filter to work for all your Greek NT, create a collection and use it as the source. In my screenshot, the "Greek NT (Main) is a collection.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:16 PM

Logos wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Extended_Tips_for_Highlighting_and_Visual_Filters#Examples_of_visual_filters with screen shots of several Logos Greek Morphology visual filters, including "Logos Greek Morphology - Cases", which can be used in All Passages in All Resources with Logos Greek Morphology.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
Joshua A Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:16 PM

Thanks for the help.  Problem solved.  However, how do I edit a current visual filter?  I cannot seem to reopen my genitive filter.  

Posts 9
Joshua A Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:17 PM

Thanks for the help!  Problem solved.  But, how do I reopen a filter to edit it?  I cannot figure out how to reopen my genitive filter.  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:45 PM

Joshua A Smith:

Thanks for the help!  Problem solved.  But, how do I reopen a filter to edit it?  I cannot figure out how to reopen my genitive filter.

Visual Filters are one type of File in Logos 4, which can be filtered (e.g. Visual), then click one to open:

Also have option to drag a Visual Filter to Favorites to create a link.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS