Life in the Spirit New Testament Commentary

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 10863
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:49 AM

Richard Schoonover:

I wish Logos had picked this up. It is available on Accordance as Life in the Spirit New Testament Commentary.

( ... some link ...)

I really don't want to buy another software program to get it.

I think we all agree that we wish to have this resource (and many many more) in Logos. I hope they pick this up; we are told they monitor this forum and keep a list of suggested resources for their negotiations with copyright holders - you may additionally suggest a Logos edition to the publisher's feedback channels.     PS: Please edit your post to disable your link. We are on Logos' turf here and while they don't mind us mentioning other bible software companies, they ask us to refrain from linking to their sites. Editing works by clicking the "more" button to the top right of your post, then select "edit". Thanks! EDIT: Thank you!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:15 PM

Man, this one really brought the charismatics out of the woodwork Wink

I'm in Yes

Posts 8
Richard Schoonover | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:30 PM

I know several of the authors. They are great men and women of God. That, along with the solid commentary, makes this a valuable volume for me.

Posts 257
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:54 PM

Richard Schoonover:

I know several of the authors. They are great men and women of God. That, along with the solid commentary, makes this a valuable volume for me.

Agreed on all points.

Posts 10
Stephen Valcourt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 14 2013 1:31 PM

Well, it's good to know that there's a digital version of it out there at least. I agree, though. I really don't want to have to buy another program in order to have a digital edition of this commentary. But I'm getting more and more tempted. Come on Logos!

Posts 10
Stephen Valcourt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 12:41 PM

I asked Logos if they had any plans for this resource and this is the answer I got:

"We do not currently have anything in the works to bring that product in to the Logos format. Thanks for asking. Have a wonderful day!"

really don't want to pay $120 to get this commentary on digital format ($49.99 for the Accordance software + $69.99 for the commentary), especially if I have to use a separate program, but I'm starting to lean that way...

Posts 10
Stephen Valcourt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 1:23 PM

Just to keep everyone here up to date, I just received a message from Rich Tatum at Logos:

"Just a personal note, though, Stephen, I was hired to expand our content offering for both Pentecostals and Charismatics and this is definitely on my list of things I will talk to the rights-holders about. By God's grace, we will find favor."

Here's hoping!

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 2:13 PM

Yes I would like to see these resources added to Logos! Yes

Posts 10
Stephen Valcourt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:49 PM

Anyone hear anything else about if Logos has made any headway on making this resource available? It's starting to look like I should have purchased Accordance Bible Software instead of Logos--they have all the resources I have on Logos and all the ones I can't find on Logos.

Logos, if you have any updates on if and when this is coming, I'd love to hear them!

Posts 257
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:34 PM

Stephen Valcourt:

Anyone hear anything else about if Logos has made any headway on making this resource available? It's starting to look like I should have purchased Accordance Bible Software instead of Logos--they have all the resources I have on Logos and all the ones I can't find on Logos.

Logos, if you have any updates on if and when this is coming, I'd love to hear them!

Amen to all of this.  I love Logos and desperately want to keep it as my default bible software, but the continued neglect of Pentecostal materials like the "Life in the Spirit NT Commentary" and "Fire Bible" make it very difficult to remain faithful.  How the company can find a way to offer material from seemingly every other theological persuasion, but not from Pentecostals, is incredibly sad.  I've begged them for years now to offer a few works that I consider very standard and nothing has changed.  I'm about to give up hope.

Posts 578
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:46 PM

on a positive note, they have added quite a few books by Pentecostals on vyrso. I have also read here on the forums that they are looking to hire someone to manage Pentecostal products. 

There has also been talk of developing a Pentecostal base package like has been done for the Anglicans, Lutherans, etc... 

I think that some good things are still to come : )  Just give it some time. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 9 2014 9:32 AM

Gary Osborne:
How the company can find a way to offer material from seemingly every other theological persuasion, but not from Pentecostals, is incredibly sad.

As late as a year ago they had virtually nothing specifically Orthodox or SDA. Then they hired some new Product Managers, and now they do. Unfortunately, however, the Pentecostal Product Manager left again, which is why that market has fallen behind. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS