Entering a passage citation in the text comparison window

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 34442
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:34 PM

1) I was playing with Jeremiah 33:14-16 in the text comparison mode using BHS/WIVU, Logos LXX, VGCLEM, Tanakh, SVT to test Logos 4. I got exactly what I wanted.

2) I then expanded the test to Jeremiah 33:12-28 - yes, I misremembered the final verse number. Logos 4 did not give me an error not did it attempt to display and stop at 26. Logos 4 just sat there and looked at me blankly. I would much prefer to receive an error OR preferrable, a display to end of chapter.

3) Rather than look up the actual final verse number, I then expanded to Jeremiah 33:12-34:1. Image my surprise at the empty, no-notification jump in Logos LXX and SVT from Jeremiah 33:13 to 41:1 ... I would have expected to see that range to show in that it is, to my mind, no different from the BHS/WIVU, VGCLEM, and Tanakh containing 33:14-26 which is not in Logos LXX and SVT. Placing the SVT first did not resolve the problem; I thought it would.

4) My final attempt to get the results I expected is to have the SVT first and request Jeremiah 33:12-41:1 - that has been sitting in the querying state for so long I can make and drink a dry cappuccino...and write this message

May I call this a big improvement but still a bit screwy?

Additional edit: When I request citations in the "hole" i.e. something like Jeremiah 35:1-8 I get results that are incompatible with the longer gap (to 41:1) and closer to what I thought the situation was. Could someone at Logos play with this section of texts and see if they can make sense out of the behaviour surrounding the gap in the LXX? Thanks.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 34442
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:44 PM

See additional info in intial post - I'd forgot about making sure it popped up as unread when I simply modified it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS