A House is a House is a ...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 34418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009 5:59 PM

Not unexpected but does anyone else find it humorous to read:

"I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah"
The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1989. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

and opening the Biblical Things tab of Passage Guide to pictures of:

• Egyptian pleasure garden
  • Model of Egyptian house
  • Adobe
  • Wigwam
  • House (monarchical period)
  • Blockhouse
  • Houses
  • Hogan
  • Igloo

Now I understand ... Jesus was born in a wigwam; his family fled to Egypt where they took up temporary residence in an igloo; when they returned to Nazareth, Joseph the carpenter found work building blockhouses to protect the Romans from the Judeans... (SMJV Standard MJ Version)

Seriously, it seems as if the screening of images could be improved a bit - important because the images take time to build.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 6:05 PM

MJ. Smith:

Not unexpected but does anyone else find it humorous to read:

"I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah"
The Holy Bible : New Revised Standard Version. 1989. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

and opening the Biblical Things tab of Passage Guide to pictures of:

• Egyptian pleasure garden
  • Model of Egyptian house
  • Adobe
  • Wigwam
  • House (monarchical period)
  • Blockhouse
  • Houses
  • Hogan
  • Igloo

Now I understand ... Jesus was born in a wigwam; his family fled to Egypt where they took of temporary residence in an igloo; when they returned to Nazareth, Joseph the carpenter found work building blockhouses to protect the Romans from the Judeans... (SMJV Standard MJ Version)

Seriously, it seems as if the screening of images could be improved a bit - important because the images take time to build.

And

A horse is a horse, of course, of course;
And no one can talk to a horse, of course --
Unless, of course, that horse is Mr. Ed

Cool

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS