Classic Eschatology Set

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 16 2012 5:58 AM

While the set is solid and worth having, I wonder if Logos would consider adding one or more of H. Grattan Guinness' classic works (Approaching End of the Age, Light on the Last Days, Romanism and the Reformation etc).  His defense of premillennialism in part 1 of The Approaching End of the Age is the best I've seen.

Posts 2188
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:13 AM

Sounds like this should be part of the set.

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:25 AM

Dean053:
consider adding one or more of H. Grattan Guinness' classic works

Yes

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:17 AM

YesYes for the Irishman!

Posts 675
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:46 PM

YesYes Great suggestions.

This is the Classic Eschatology set:

http://www.logos.com/product/27122/classic-studies-on-eschatology

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:43 PM

Dean053:
I wonder if Logos would consider adding one or more of H. Grattan Guinness' classic works (Approaching End of the Age

I started on Guinness approaching the end of the age a while back you are welcome to finish the pbb if you like, I never finished working on it.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:12 PM

Blair Laird:
you are welcome to finish the pbb if you like
Couldn't help myself.  Here is the new & improved version.  I didn't, however, proofread the document for errors, but the toc looks ok.6675.The Approaching End of the Age(Guinness).docx

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:19 PM

Jerry M:
Couldn't help myself.  Here is the new & improved version.

You are fast... Working on anything else?

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:41 PM

Actually I was already almost finished with my own copy of it.  It was just my sick sense of humor to act like I reworked your copy.

No, I am not working on any other PB's right now.  I was hooked when it was said this book had a good defense of premillennialism.

(Off topic:  Sometimes I am put off by how books from this era identify the Church of Rome with the book of Revelation.  I personally think that is a poor interpretation of the prophecy.  Just my opinion.  Now I feel better.)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:54 PM

Wink

I just ocr'd  "C. D. Maitland’s Apostolic School of Prophetic Interpretation". Haven't started work on it yet

0878.Apostolic school of prophetical interpretation.docx

I may have caught something in there about Babylon / Rome though

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:37 PM

I'm surprised so many people have heard of Guinness. Thanks for the doc, though I was under the impression that the website it was taken from never did compile a complete copy, but had some missing chapters?

BTW, this book made me a premillennialist, something I would have once thought impossible, as I was a very persuaded amillennialist.

Posts 1540
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:20 PM

Dean053:
Thanks for the doc, though I was under the impression that the website it was taken from never did compile a complete copy, but had some missing chapters?

From my understanding there was a difference in editions, and that is what accounts for the so called missing chapters. At least that was my understanding of the matter. I have always been premill. however, I just changed my position from pre-trib to post trib or historical premill. I was listening to everyman an answer, and a caller called in asking about the first resurrection that takes place at the second coming,and how a resurrection (rapture) can take place before the first resurrection (future). Well the pastor that was attempting to answer the guy side stepped the whole issue. So it made me search the scriptures to see if I could answer the guys question. After searching the scriptures I changed my perspective. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS