Uninstalling Logos 4 from Windows XP?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 24 2009 11:39 AM

What is the best way of completely removing Logos 4 from Windows XP? Does just deleting the Logos 4 folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4) suffice???

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:47 PM

OttoSCarroll:

What is the best way of completely removing Logos 4 from Windows XP? Does just deleting the Logos 4 folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4) suffice???

Remove it from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, if you want to get rid of all traces yes then delete that Logos4 folder, however if you wish to reinstall Logos4 later and you don't have LDLS3, then it will cause you to re-download all the resource.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:23 PM

Thanks George.

I have Logos 4 running on my Windows 7 virtual machine - I'm removing it from my XP VM to free up disk space. I will keep Logos 3 on XP for the time being.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:31 PM

I had to uninstall on my old xp.  Software causes computer to freak and crash numerous times.  My computer became unstable until I got rid of it.  There are 2 things to delete in add/remove programs for logos 4.

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:28 PM

Otto,

Did you find a significant improvement in the running of L4 on W7 vs. XP?  I have L4 on XP SP3 with VM3 and contemplating an upgrade to W7.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:22 AM

Yes, for me L4 loads up to twice as fast and runs faster on Windows 7 than it did on XP. In fact, all my Windows apps are running faster on 7. The upgrade was worth it!!!

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 10:26 AM

Otto S. Carroll:

Yes, for me L4 loads up to twice as fast and runs faster on Windows 7 than it did on XP. In fact, all my Windows apps are running faster on 7. The upgrade was worth it!!!

Our customer service department claims that systems with XP cause roughly twice as many problems as with windows 7.

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 11:58 AM

Quote: Our customer service department claims that systems with XP cause roughly twice as many problems as with windows 7.

XP Home OR XP Pro?

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 12:36 PM

George Allakhverdyan:
Our customer service department claims that systems with XP cause roughly twice as many problems as with windows 7.

I find this a remarkable statement given that W7 has not been released that long. I was reading somewhere on one survey that said that 60% of machines still run XP with the remainder split between W7 and Vista. (I have read even lower numbers, but I'm using the largest to be conservative) To get a true statistical picture, it would seem that you need to take distribution into account and then segment the fault reports to gain an accurate picture.

Don't get me wrong, it's just "twice as many problems" caught my eye.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 1:32 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

George Allakhverdyan:

I find this a remarkable statement given that W7 has not been released that long. I was reading somewhere on one survey that said that 60% of machines still run XP with the remainder split between W7 and Vista. (I have read even lower numbers, but I'm using the largest to be conservative) To get a true statistical picture, it would seem that you need to take distribution into account and then segment the fault reports to gain an accurate picture.

Don't get me wrong, it's just "twice as many problems" caught my eye.

I find it remarkable too Smile.

Posts 34418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 12:41 AM

George Allakhverdyan:

Absolute numbers or percentage of base? Not that I don't enjoy ambiguous statistics. Cool

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:04 AM

MJ. Smith:
Absolute numbers or percentage of base? Not that I don't enjoy ambiguous statistics. Cool

Or assertions based on anecdotal evidence. Wink

Posts 27452
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:28 AM

George Allakhverdyan:

Which means there are twice as many XP installations of Logos4 compared to Win7Hmm

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS